VE tables over 100

KevinsZ28

To get my actual A/F near my Target A/F I have to have my VE Tables over 100, and at only 4 pounds of boost I am at 150. What could cause this, a bad ground somewhere, a sensor not working properly, and ideas?

Did you tell the ecm the right size injector?
If not is your fuel system working properly( filter not clogged or pump wrong size or pump not running up to speed)

I have checked the injector size (72#s) and I have a solid 43PSI of fuel pressure at all times.
Would a bad MAP Sensor cause the problem?
I am pretty sure I have a 2 Bar map sensor in, but maybe Summit sent me the work one??

check your electricals.

I had a bad alternator ground. the engine was running crappy and inconsistent. I had high VE numbers just to keep the A/F in check.

Once I fixed it I lowered my VE . although it's normal to go over 100 once you get heavy into boost.

Originally posted by KevinsZ28
I have checked the injector size (72#s) and I have a solid 43PSI of fuel pressure at all times.
I am pretty sure I have a 2 Bar map sensor in, but maybe Summit sent me the work one??

You need a pressure differential on either side of the injector. In other words, you need pressure to rise as boost rises. If not, you will be lean as manifold pressure tries to push fuel back into the injector. Get pressure to rise with boost and I bet some of your problem is cured.

Originally posted by KevinsZ28

If you have 43# pressure all the time including "under boost conditions" you have a serious problem. If your static fuel pressure is set at 43#, it should increase with each # of boost

eg: 43# static plus 20# boost ... fuel pressure should be 63#

If fuel pressure does not rise with boost check fuel pressure regulator, the vacum line might be off/broken.

Or the fuel pressure reg is no good leaking internally

If it is a stock regulator w/ an adjustable top or a Hypertech style it is not boost sensitive on the LT1 engine.