VETS... its that time of year again

Hey Turbodave is that oars I see hanging out of the one ship?????:biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks to all who served!

SSGT
USAF Instructor 85-91

I do these things so they may:

"Return With Honor"

Air Force here, joined in 1998 and still serving.

Aerospace Ground Equipment technician. In a nutshell, it's backshop support for aircraft maintainers.

Our motto is "You don't get off until we come". ;)

air force here, joined in 1998 and still serving.

Aerospace ground equipment technician. In a nutshell, it's backshop support for aircraft maintainers.

Our motto is "you don't get off until we come". ;)

A G E.......:biggrin: The curse of the flightline....

Thanks for the pictures of our Navy TurboDave. My Dad was chief enginner on the Constellation. I got a walk thru of that thing from my Dad while it was still in service. As you know pictures do not do justice as to how massive those carriers are.

Thanks for the pictures of our Navy TurboDave. My Dad was chief enginner on the Constellation. I got a walk thru of that thing from my Dad while it was still in service. As you know pictures do not do justice as to how massive those carriers are.

Your welcome!! I loved my time in the Navy!! Traveling the world, visiting exotic places, and riding such majestic wonders of the high seas!! But....the best times were on the "small boys" (destroyers).

USAF 1972-1976
Avionics AGE (computerized test benches)
Dover AFB Del

Thanks for your service to OUR country.
Jay

usmc 2004 thru 2008 I didnt get discharged cause I wanted too. I was forced out.

usmc 2004 thru 2008 I didnt get discharged cause I wanted too. I was forced out.

You shouldn't have told.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sorry ....Just couldn't help it.

Never served myself, but greatly appreciate all that have and those that currently are serving.

Was talking to a couple of old codgers at work today, ( nursing home ) both vets of WWII and spent about 20 minutes with them, sounding like they have a lot of stories to tell. One was a sniper in Europe and the other flew in bombers. Thanked them both for their service, will stop by again to chat with them some more when I get a chance.

Navy 10 years so far here
ET1 on Submarines...my job is a mix match of a LOT of surface rates since we don't have the space to have a guy dedicated to one thing on a sub.

Year of training before the boat
USS Alaska for 5 years
Commander Submarine Atlantic (COMSUBLANT) since

HATED the Navy when I first joined but it went and snuck up on me and I basically like it now (don't tell my wife)
Just got back from a year IA in Cuba doing the detainee operations..not a job I would wish on ANYONE I have ever met...

Props out to my Dad as well: board member KJHansen (some here might remember him...he doesn't log on much since selling his Turbo T)
31 years USAF went from E1 to O5!! Stationed stateside, Japan, England (where I was born) and then all over the states again. Large part of the reason I joined the service was him.

Next boat will be a SSGN submarine!! VERY excited about that...one HECK of a war machine..if you don't know about them I recommend looking it up. Amazing.

US Navy from 1983 to 1983
2 Med cruises on USS Coral Sea (VA55 Warhorses)
1 Med cruise on USS Saratoga (SeaOpDet - ComNav and 2M repair)
Aviation Electronics Technician

HAPPY VETERANS DAY TO ALL VETS !

I love the bumper stickers that go...

If you can read this: Thank a teacher
If it is in English: Thank a VETERAN !

Ain't it true

I will be with my son tomorrow at my VFW post. He will play taps for our flag retirement ceremony at 11AM on 11/11/11. I can't think of a better place to be and company to be with, especially my son.

God Bless America !

U.S. Army (Ret) Started out 95B Military Police for 12 years then after 3 years in the IRR went Active Reserve. Was a reserve recruiter 79R for 5 years then a training NCO for a reserve MP Company. A total of 25 years 1979-2004.

This is a pic of me and the guys at work with Bud Farnsworth. Bud is 90 years old, and a WW2 bomber pilot on the European front. A great man for sure!! Thanks to all our veterans!!! Phil.

Attachments

• IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 159
A G E.......:biggrin: The curse of the flightline....

Yeah pretty much...funny thing is while we're used as a punching bag for other maintainers, we're also one of the most frequently called on flights to make things happen and to get the job done. Ironic isn't it?

I'm on terminal leave/transitional leave right now...New Years Eve is my last day in the Army and I will retire after 20 years of service. I originally enlisted as an avionics mechanic then after 8 years of that decided I'd rather be sitting up front so I went to flight school and learned how to fly Blackhawks. Was fun while it lasted, but now it's time for something else. My wife will also be retiring in about a year.