You can type here any text you want

Vid's Of "Fear" 1986 Stage2 Buick GN on the street

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
thanks JOhn, and stage 5. John, nice looking baby! Pulled fear out yesterday evening and it was running on all 6 cylndrs for sure. I think the reason i thought it wasnt before, is due to the popping and tugging, due to the fCT THAT I OR SOMEONE ACCIDENTALLY HIT THE fuel nob and is was getting a tad to much. once it was turned back, it ran like a champ, just a tad fat on the big end, but fun. biggest difference between the 88mm turbo and this 91.5 is that it takes its time building boost, while the 88mm comes in much faster. but on the big end the 91.5mm wants more and more.

Ok now that you have me all worked up, when will you be at the track???
I am dying to see some great numbers on this beast!!!

JOhn, We will be going in a few weeks. We have our boost controller going in soon, which will help me on the et and higher boost. Right now sitting at 22#'s, at 3800#'s, she is good to 9.30-40's. But once we push the boost up, which is where this turbo wants to be, we will see more what its capable of. I still think, until some weight is taken out, its not going to be the 8.60-8.8's car i want to it be, becasue im not willing to push that hard just to pull the number with this much weight. BIggest difrnce with the 88 and this 91.5 is the spooling characteristics. This thing builds slower and likes it wound up higher speed, where the 88's gets it done lower.

JOhn, We will be going in a few weeks. We have our boost controller going in soon, which will help me on the et and higher boost. Right now sitting at 22#'s, at 3800#'s, she is good to 9.30-40's. But once we push the boost up, which is where this turbo wants to be, we will see more what its capable of. I still think, until some weight is taken out, its not going to be the 8.60-8.8's car i want to it be, becasue im not willing to push that hard just to pull the number with this much weight. BIggest difrnce with the 88 and this 91.5 is the spooling characteristics. This thing builds slower and likes it wound up higher speed, where the 88's gets it done lower.

What do you plan to do for weight reduction???

Thanks Pacemaker and the rest of you. i have never done anything like this before and my buddy was what if....., so we did. I would have liked to add some sound effects, but maybe later?

What do you plan to do for weight reduction???

John, once im finished having the inovative put in, than I will start saving for weight reduction. I will remove the back seat, put in front racing seat, fiber the hood, deck, bumpers etc. I should be able to remove 300-400#'s i would think:confused:

Hey Quint,

Are you coming to the shootout.

I am in San Antonio now. would like to hook up with you and get you to OK for the races.

Thanks,
John
210-323-6189

Hey John, whats up. I actually just moved to Phoenix AZ, sorry we missed each other. Man I would have loved meeting up and running. im getting ready for the Buick race out here in Phoenix Nov 23-25th. Of course i will be in the stage 2 group. You ought to try and make it. Tons of Buicks and its about 13-14 hours drive from San An.

Hey Quint.

Well I've sold my car - so no racing for me anytime soon.

Sorry you left San Antonio.. but man.. would love to have to at our Noble event. The conley's too are always some of our best racers.

John

John, mabie next year, but good luck GN clan, lets do better than last year and not red light as much :)

Seems to me that 91 mm turbo is way to big for the combo. An 88mm would have gone mid 8's with that Stage engine. You do have a very nice looking GN and Good Luck with your ride.:cool:

Back