You can type here any text you want

Volt booster or not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

baby6

One Fast Buick
Debating on whether or not I want to order one, I would like to stay on the safe side with WOT voltage to the FP but don't want to fry anything...any input guys?

Also, Wastegate solenoid for a turbodiesel part # p/n 1997255 WG solenoid GM 98 K1500

would this work for our vehicles?

I recommend that everyone use a volt booster. It also sends more voltage to the ignition and injectors. That's a good thing.I like Red Armstrong's as it is boost activated instead of using the TPS circuit.

I have a Casper's unit on my car....no problems and the way I look at it, it's good insurance and a compliment to the hotwire.

too bad no one makes one for just the fuel pump, without having to buying the kenne bell boost a pump for $300.

too bad no one makes one for just the fuel pump, without having to buying the kenne bell boost a pump for $300.
I wouldn't want a boost a pump. It's $300.00 for one additional volt. As I said earlier,you want more voltage to the injectors and ignition. You get so much for so little with the volt booster.

I recommend that everyone use a volt booster. It also sends more voltage to the ignition and injectors. That's a good thing.I like Red Armstrong's as it is boost activated instead of using the TPS circuit.

x2,simple but effective.:cool:

Kevin

I apologize....didn't realize you were comparing it to a vb . :)
You don't need to apologize. I think the one volt is just one more reason to not spend the money on a Boost-a-Pump. I think MSD sells something that makes up to 20 volts to just the pump but it,also,wouldn't up the voltage to the computer and ignition. I really like more voltage to the injectors and ignition. More voltage is the goal when we hotwire the ignition or anything else on these cars. It's a good thing.

They only reason I haven't ordered one is because I read that they affect the voltage to the alky pump and I haven't been ready to throw yet another variable into the GRAND equation.

Run a variable regulator on the alternator and set the voltage for what you want. Tune around it and the car will be consistant. Any type of voltage booster seems like a band-aid fix but it is less expensive than a really good alternator with adjustable regulator as mentioned.

[quote="we4Mateo, Any type of voltage booster seems like a band-aid fix but it is less expensive than a really good alternator with adjustable regulator as mentioned.[/quote]

I've heard good and bad about volt boosters - still undecided - this quote from Richard Clark has me thinking though:
"personally i think volt boosters make a lot of sense but thats just my opinion-----with a couple extra volts most any pump will provide quite a bit more fuel and pressure----besides the pressure isn't regulated by the pump-----its the fuel pressure REGULATOR that does that job-------and since the volt booster only does its job when needed ie under boost or at high throttle the pump is running relaxed the rest of the time"

Where can I purchase a Red Armstrong volt booster ?

Does the Red Armstrong unit require cutting the regulator voltage wire? or is it plug-n-play?

thanks in advance

Does the Red Armstrong unit require cutting the regulator voltage wire? or is it plug-n-play?

thanks in advance
you can cut or splice into it, i spliced into it just in case something goes wrong with it down the road i can just plug the OE stuff back in and by-pass it.

i have had a VB on 3 of my cars for the past 10 years........never a problem and works great! as mentioned it is a great complement to a hot wire kit to the fuel pump!

Back