Walbro 340 in stock car

Glenn_A

Is it OK or recommended to put a 340 in a bone stocker......along with a hotwire kit........also I need the $40 hotwire kit but don't wanna give my credit card # over the internet..does racetronix have a customer service number?

Yes, that pump is better than the stock pump, and it also has a better motor, so it uses less current to do the same job. Pretty sure Racetronix has a number, but don't know it right off hand.

have to

you can only order online. here is the info on the bottom of there page on the hotwire kit

Racetronix

If an item is not in stock the payment link will be inactive - no need to ask about availability.
All payments processed securely on-line only.

Sorry, no phone orders. This is a web based offer only.
(Phone orders can be placed through authorized Racetronix dealers - pricing may differ)
Quantities are limited. No substitutions.
For other quantities please contact sales@racetronix.com
All sales final. No refunds.
Shipping and insurance fees will be added to your purchase for Xpress Post Service with tracking.
(Xpress Post service provides a 2-7 business day average delivery is location dependant)
Upon shipment of your order a tracking number will be provided.
Most orders ship the same or next business week day

I agree...this is an important modification...even for a stocker like yours and mine...turbo motors do not like to be starved for fuel.

I had the same reluctance to buy with credit card on the Net...I have read enough horror stories. But I took the leap and had no problems. Racetronix told me their customers have not had any problems with this payment method.

I am very happy with the pump and hotwire kit...instructions were clear, pump works great, and hotwire kit is nice fitting and looking.

Just take your time routing the wires from the tank to the alternator.

Also, removing the left rear tire will give you better access to the initial run of conduit from the tank out to the frame rail.

Steve

Absolutely go with the new pump and hot wire kit, stock or not. Unless you plan on going quicker than 11 flat it'll be the last pump you'll ever need.

Any time you're ordering online look for the little grey bar at the bottom of the browswer window. If the order page is secure you will see a little padlock symbol at the bottom of the page. If you have the most recent version of Internet Explorer then you're getting the latest and greatest 128 bit encryption.

I just installed a 340 in my stocker, a word of advice though, one of the pics for rewiring showes the connector with the tab for red and purple wire showed the wrong installation. I never figured it out until I did a test and seen my fuel guage sender staring to smoke.Make sure the purple is on the left and red on the right when doing this wiring. Sno-

when i install mine from fullthrottle it was plug and play no fussy wirte changes just plug in and go

I had the excaxt same issue as snomachman....right down to the smoking (and ruined) fuel level sender. Swapping wire positions cured the problem. The directions were certainly incorrect.

incubus2432 said:
I had the excaxt same issue as snomachman....right down to the smoking (and ruined) fuel level sender. Swapping wire positions cured the problem. The directions were certainly incorrect.

This is why he sells a kit for the older cars :confused:

I think that is why he sells it to fit all 85,6 and 7 cars..

What year is your hanger from? Cause there is a difference from year to year.

Do you have a pic of your 85/86 hanger?

BW

Paypal

Glenn_A said:
Is it OK or recommended to put a 340 in a bone stocker......along with a hotwire kit........also I need the $40 hotwire kit but don't wanna give my credit card # over the internet..does racetronix have a customer service number?

Hi: Glenn A
Racetronix takes paypal if you have it.
You will need (QUOUTE from Racetronix site = Turbo Buick Fuel Pump Assembly & Wiring Harness @ $139.99 + $16.00 S&H Item #RX-G77-FPKG) Sins you have the same model/year Turbo T I have :biggrin:

fuel

Thanks to all for the advice and response ;) . I ordered the hotwire kit through paypal which I didn't know they did. One more ?...I have the 340 already...pump only, will the factory in-tank wiring be OK?

i was gona post something about the wires being wrong but i thought someone would think i was crazy. upon looking at it again the metal tab that clips onto the harness is 180* off, causing the wires to be backwards.... :)

One more ?...I have the 340 already...pump only, will the factory in-tank wiring be OK?
As I remember with my pump (not a 340) there is wiring that is attached to the pump, and it plugs into the wiring on the pump hanger. So the OEM wiring is still used, at least for a few inches. The new wiring harness plugs into the connector just above the top of the tank, or in some cases, it plugs in right behind the bumper. Not all "hot wire" kits are the same, and I don't know about Racetronix.

snomachman said:
I just installed a 340 in my stocker, a word of advice though, one of the pics for rewiring showes the connector with the tab for red and purple wire showed the wrong installation. I never figured it out until I did a test and seen my fuel guage sender staring to smoke.Make sure the purple is on the left and red on the right when doing this wiring. Sno-

Did anyone give this feedback to the vendor(s) to correct the kits?????