Walbro 430 pump. How much power can it support on E85?

Debating on going to the SD2 chip. You still running mass air ?.

If your injector / cam combo can run well at stoich then it would be simpler and easier to stick with your MAF setup. If the combo needs to run richer in order to run and drive well then the SD2 will provide the flexibility you would need. With 80's and even a moderate cam I would stick with a MAF chip just for simplicity sake.

If your injector / cam combo can run well at stoich then it would be simpler and easier to stick with your MAF setup. If the combo needs to run richer in order to run and drive well then the SD2 will provide the flexibility you would need. With 80's and even a moderate cam I would stick with a MAF chip just for simplicity sake.

I was considering going to FAST, just can't really afford it right now. SD2 is similar and more affordable. Really giving it more thought now, considering I might have a bad mass air sensor right now. SD2 might go way over my head to tune ?.
Thanks for advice.

I for one really enjoy tuning it, adds a whole extra level of fun to the car.

But for simplicity, reliability, and easy to use, an extender extreme with an 85mm MAF and a translator plus is a damn fine running setup that delivers rock solid AFR control at WOT.

What is your setup ?. How difficult to learn the tuning on the SD2 ?.
Like you said, for the simplicity, think I might just go ahead and do a translator, 80lb injectors and 5.7 chip.
Ive got the car to the low 7.30's, in the 1/8th, with 60lb injectors and 5.7 chip.

Maxed injectors and the pump too? Was it coming up a little short on pressure capability? Thanks in advance

I don't think I maxed out the pump . I know my duty cycle was through the roof at 115% . I now have 120 lbs injectors and wish I just went straight to 160 lbs . I am planing on getting I. The Dyno this week with my complete new setup hoping I can hit 650ish safely . I will keep everyone up to date on my numbers and the pump performance

What is your setup ?. How difficult to learn the tuning on the SD2 ?.
Like you said, for the simplicity, think I might just go ahead and do a translator, 80lb injectors and 5.7 chip.
Ive got the car to the low 7.30's, in the 1/8th, with 60lb injectors and 5.7 chip.
I run a 109 with a forged bottom end, GN1 heads, 6766 turbo. The motor is about 12 yrs old so the compression ratio is lower, only 8:1 as that was more common back then. This season I'm running F.I.C. 155lb injectors with the SD2. My ricer buddies rant and rave about these FIC injectors so I figured I'd check them out.

The SD2 chip has to be tuned. It does not come out of the box ready to go. You must get into the VE table, the timing tables, the injector offset, the AFR target table, the alcohol content offsets. All of that stuff needs to be dialed in on your particular car. It's important to get the VE table close to reality so that there's very little AFR correction from the wideband. I've talked to plenty of guys that think the correction works magic and that they can just rely upon it, when in reality the correction can only do so much for a tune that needs +20% fuel at high RPM (as an example). It also has it's quirks that take some getting used to. I've found that the most reliable and easy way to use the chip and keep track of your tune is to use TunerPro RT to edit and save your calibrations (BIN files) and use powerlogger console pretty much just to take data and flash the BIN files (and to edit the BLM calibrations as those aren't part of the BIN). Plus the powerlogger becomes an integral part of how the engine runs with this chip and it's not just a datalogger anymore. It has to be solid and reliably connected to the ECM. Same is true for the MAP sensor. MAP must be wired to get power from the ECM TPS 5V power and ground.

I run a 109 with a forged bottom end, GN1 heads, 6766 turbo. The motor is about 12 yrs old so the compression ratio is lower, only 8:1 as that was more common back then. This season I'm running F.I.C. 155lb injectors with the SD2. My ricer buddies rant and rave about these FIC injectors so I figured I'd check them out.

The SD2 chip has to be tuned. It does not come out of the box ready to go. You must get into the VE table, the timing tables, the injector offset, the AFR target table, the alcohol content offsets. All of that stuff needs to be dialed in on your particular car. It's important to get the VE table close to reality so that there's very little AFR correction from the wideband. I've talked to plenty of guys that think the correction works magic and that they can just rely upon it, when in reality the correction can only do so much for a tune that needs +20% fuel at high RPM (as an example). It also has it's quirks that take some getting used to. I've found that the most reliable and easy way to use the chip and keep track of your tune is to use TunerPro RT to edit and save your calibrations (BIN files) and use powerlogger console pretty much just to take data and flash the BIN files (and to edit the BLM calibrations as those aren't part of the BIN). Plus the powerlogger becomes an integral part of how the engine runs with this chip and it's not just a datalogger anymore. It has to be solid and reliably connected to the ECM. Same is true for the MAP sensor. MAP must be wired to get power from the ECM TPS 5V power and ground.

Thanks for info !
Just gonna do 80lb injectors with chip and LS1 mass air with translator.
I've tuned the car down to around 11.40's with a 5.7 chip and 60lb injectors. I can take it to the 11.20's with the 80's, pretty sure.

Might have changed my mind, again...
Thinking about going with the SD2. Have several reasons I'd like to. Still kind of appealing to just go back like I've been, chip and mass air, set my own timing and fuel very simple.
Gotta sleep on it and do little more research.

Checked my car today, factory mass air is bad.

Might have changed my mind, again...
Thinking about going with the SD2. Have several reasons I'd like to. Still kind of appealing to just go back like I've been, chip and mass air, set my own timing and fuel very simple.
Gotta sleep on it and do little more research.

Checked my car today, factory mass air is bad.

You should look into the Turbo Tweak 6.1 Chip. It has Wideband tracking, comes tuned pretty close, but still allows you to make more changes than the 5.7. It still needs the MAF. It needs a Powerlogger and a compatible wideband unit. I progressed this way.
5.6 then 6.0 then SD1. I have an SD2 but the car was sold after being converted back to stock.

You should look into the Turbo Tweak 6.1 Chip. It has Wideband tracking, comes tuned pretty close, but still allows you to make more changes than the 5.7. It still needs the MAF. It needs a Powerlogger and a compatible wideband unit. I progressed this way.
5.6 then 6.0 then SD1. I have an SD2 but the car was sold after being converted back to stock.

I looked at this option, all of their options are awesome. Just made the final decision to go with the SD2, if I regret it and have trouble tuning. I'll go back to the Extender Chip with a Mass air and translator. With the SD2, if and when I upgrade the turbo or intercooler , converter, I won't have to send out for another chip.
Everything came in last week, SD2, 80lb injectors and fuel pump came in week before. Just need to grab the flex fuel sensor and harness. Then it's upgrade time.

Cool, I'm just getting back into playing with the TR's after a short break.
You will find plenty of help here.
You will need the patience and self control!
The flex fuel thing I don't completely understand.
I am not knocking your choice, just want to understand.
Why go add 93 to kill the E85 mix and lower timing and boost?
Is it that E85 is far from you or hard to come by?
Do you drive to areas over 1.5 hours away frequently that lack E85?
If C16 dropped to 1.99 a gallon, would people still mix 93 with it occasionally LOL?

Cool, I'm just getting back into playing with the TR's after a short break.
You will find plenty of help here.
You will need the patience and self control!
The flex fuel thing I don't completely understand.
I am not knocking your choice, just want to understand.
Why go add 93 to kill the E85 mix and lower timing and boost?
Is it that E85 is far from you or hard to come by?
Do you drive to areas over 1.5 hours away frequently that lack E85?
If C16 dropped to 1.99 a gallon, would people still mix 93 with it occasionally LOL?[/QUOT

Been doing some research and might not use a Flex Fuel sensor at all. I was looking for it to monitor my E85, lowest I've ever got is E70, most I've got was around E88, I have no intentions of running pump gas, at all. I would if I ran into an emergency situation, but it would be only to drive normal on, not race. I have a decent amount of E85 stations in my area, as well as most areas I would want to drive. I just got the torque converter back locking up, with this, I can drive quite a bit further on a tanks of fuel. Before, my limit was about 160 miles. Filled up last week and I have a little over a hundred miles on this tank, still have a little over a half tank left. Don't hold your breathe that C16 is going to $1.99, LOL. I have a guy I met in Bowling Green last year, he gave me the best tuning advice I've had to date, on tuning a car with E85, he's a bad ass tuner on all other Buick's also. I've ran a personal best of 7.39 @ 89.9, without locking the converter. Stock Engine, stock turbo and intercooler. That's with a 1.58-60'. I'm restoring a 67 Mustang, with late model drivetrain. I'm going to run E85 in it.

I know this is an old thread but this link (scroll all the way to the bottom) has great information for various pumps at different voltages. Specifically the walbro 267 which is the pump being discussed in this thread is able to flow north of 500 liters per hour at 17.5 volts. By my calculations, this is more than enough to max out 120 lb injectors. http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/mmfp-1211-kenne-bell-boost-a-pump/