Want to buy:

yea buddy !!

I agree,
Gary, just buy what you want, go have fun while you can,
I'm with Lou on this one, I too made good investments, and am buying what ever I want, ITS FUN!!
while I agree, be picky, but not many are original anymore, and few modify them exactly like you or I would want, so find the closest one you can and make it fit your needs,
your not gettting any younger, and with the smog laws getting more srtict, enjoy while you can, besides you can always use an AZ address, (hint,)

Porsche, not ! Z06, absolutely!!!!!!:tongue:

I agree,
Gary, just buy what you want, go have fun while you can,
I'm with Lou on this one, I too made good investments, and am buying what ever I want, ITS FUN!!
while I agree, be picky, but not many are original anymore, and few modify them exactly like you or I would want, so find the closest one you can and make it fit your needs,
your not gettting any younger, and with the smog laws getting more srtict, enjoy while you can, besides you can always use an AZ address, (hint,)

Porsche, not ! Z06, absolutely!!!!!!:tongue:
Thanks Cruz! He who hesitates is lost, Inflation is on the rise. If anyone thinks things are now expensive. Just wait.When GM comes out with a car like Buick again or a turbo Corvette I will be all over it. But I'm not holding my breath. As far as smog issues. I don't seem to have any problem getting any of my customers cars to actually run cleaner than original.The beauty of turbo's is that they don't have to run dirty to be fast.The cleaner & more efficient the faster they seem to run.

Gary ! I can't ever recall seeing a hearse with a luggage rack ? Go into your retirement savings a buy the damn car that you want. Stop putting out all those ridiculas requirements that no 20 year old car can ever meet. These cars weren't made in heaven when they were new . Let alone now. As for the Porsche. I made some wise investments through the years & staying married to the right woman certainly helped. Not having to support any kids & two career people working together. If I can't afford any car I want by now I'm doing something wrong. So stop your whining & go for it.
------------------------------------
Lou:
I have no problem taking some money out of what little retirement savings and buying the car that I want. The problem is finding the car that I want out of what is for currently for sale, and how close I can come to my wants/requirements. As far as "ridiculous requirements that no 20 year old car car can ever meet" you couldn't be farther from the truth. There are a few cars out there that fall within those requirements or somewhat close to them. But not currently for sale.
As far as "these cars weren't made in heaven", you are wrong about that, too. The difference lies in what you perceive a perfect car and what I consider a perfect car. What I consider a perfect turbo brick, even though they are 20 years old, would be a turbo brick with no more cosmetic / asthetic flaws now than it had when it left the showroom. Did all of these cars have checkered paint leaving the showroom, No, to me checkered paint is more a sign of neglect by default, such as parking outdoors uncovered, ridden hard and put away wet, left out in the sun unprotected after shutting it down with a underhood temp hot enough to "heat" damage the paint. And finally, I am not whining, only looking for a car as close to my requirements as I can find/afford. To do anything else at my age with as little money as I have is just not in the game plan for me. If I die before I find or purchase a car so be it. And if I turn down all the cars that I look at and don't buy a car because I couldn't find what I wanted, so be that, too. It's I that has to pay the consequences, and I am willing to do that. In all seriousness, of all of the turbo bricks that I have looked at over the last 10 years, there are less than a handful that I have regretted my decision on. I do admit that I am an exceptionally critical judge when buying a turbo brick. At my age and with as limited earning years as I have left, which is btw the primary determining factor that I have to deal with, I cannot afford the luxury of doing otherwise.
Btw, Gordyzx9r is back in town looking for a mechanic over the next few days or week. I sent him your way.

Wells said:
In all seriousness, of all of the turbo bricks that I have looked at over the last "10 years", there are less than a handful that I have regretted my decision on. I do admit that I am an exceptionally critical judge when buying a turbo brick.

Wow! Again Gary I hope you find it. ;)

Gary,

What's wrong with your white car. Hell, I ran 11.70's in mine with a TA 49 blue tops and a stretched I/C. You already have the an upgraded turbo and injectors right? Doesn't the car meet your standards? As far as braking and handling, why not put some Eibach springs in and call Rick Elam at Baer Brakes.

Neal

Gary,

What's wrong with your white car. Hell, I ran 11.70's in mine with a TA 49 blue tops and a stretched I/C. You already have the an upgraded turbo and injectors right? Doesn't the car meet your standards? As far as braking and handling, why not put some Eibach springs in and call Rick Elam at Baer Brakes.

Neal

;)

Gary,

Neal

Gary wants two TR's.

Gary, What's wrong with your white car. Hell, I ran 11.70's in mine with a TA 49 blue tops and a stretched I/C. You already have the an upgraded turbo and injectors right? Doesn't the car meet your standards? As far as braking and handling, why not put some Eibach springs in and call Rick Elam at Baer Brakes. Neal
---------------------------------
Very astute observations & interesting questions, Neal. My turbo brick is probably a high 12 car right now, maybe. If I drive it, it's probably a mid 16 sec car. Nothing is wrong with my white turbo brick, for what I have had done to it. I am planning on doing the brakes, probably Baer discs front & rear, & ss lines for a little better feel. I need to do gauges, or maybe a GNX style dash, not sure yet. I would like to do the alky, heads & cam, and just stay shy of having to do a converter, and see how I like it at that stage. I am not too sure that I want to lower the car, as I had 1 turbo brick lowered 1inch and I really did not care for the handling until you slammed it tight into a corner or sweeper. The only way that I am going to call Rick Elam is if Baer will do the brake work themselves, and I drive the car to Phoenix, and I shutter to think of that bill. But yes, I don't think that there is another car that would make me happier or give me a feeling of satisfaction like my car does. I just want to clone/duplicate the thing. In short, I want another very similiar car to play with. I'm just greedy, I guess. I want 2 very nice turbo bricks. I am very thankful and fortunate to have the car that I have now, and I am very much aware of that, I just want 2, and due to lack of money, I have to buy the next one a little closer to what I want as a finished product, cause if I told you what I have into my car money wise, you would still be laughing this time next year.

Additionally, I am very fortunate that everybody has helped me or worked on my car, or made recommendations for me and I am aware of just how really great the turbo Buick community is, how much help people have given me, and to know the friends that I have known since becoming a turbo Buick addict. Neal, if it wasn't for people like you, Morgan, Spoolfool2, (Mike Barnard) Nordy Racer (Mike Zwick), Ray Fletcher, & even Lou the turbo Buick community would just not be the same. Even Kevold was pretty good at helping others.

Why not buy a nice but not too nice Turbo T with reasonable mileage not super low mileage and then modify it to your desired level with the parts you want then you won't be worried about driving it and running up the miles, taking it to the track and breaking it, etc.

Neal

Gary said...

"I just want 2, and due to lack of money, I have to buy the next one a little closer to what I want as a finished product"

Wants it ready, no work/no wait... I understand that! :biggrin:

I guess I don't really understand the idea of buying someone elses car and expecting it to be everything you want. Gary is beyond anal about his car so to be truthful no car will ever live up to his expectations.

I had a friend that had a really nice GN which was lightly modified and ran quite well. He decided it would be cheaper to buy someone elses car that they had done up and he'd save money. He sold his GN and never found a car that met his criteria.

Another thought is that if modifing his current car is going to cost too much I don't think owning 2 is going to be a cheaper proposition. Maybe I just missed something.

Neal

I guess I don't really understand the idea of buying someone elses car and expecting it to be everything you want. Gary is beyond anal about his car so to be truthful no car will ever live up to his expectations. I had a friend that had a really nice GN which was lightly modified and ran quite well. He decided it would be cheaper to buy someone elses car that they had done up and he'd save money. He sold his GN and never found a car that met his criteria. Another thought is that if modifing his current car is going to cost too much I don't think owning 2 is going to be a cheaper proposition. Maybe I just missed something.
Neal
----------------------------------
Neal:
If I find a car with the right equipment, dyno sheet, tract time, it should be somewhere close to what I want. Yes, I am beyond anal. But I think that I can find a car somewhere close to my expectations. I am definitely not interested in saving money to the point of selling my current ghetto sled to buy another car. Modding my current car is not going to cost too much, I just would really like to avoid it on another car. There are some very beautiful quick turbo bricks in the southwestern section, and I will probably never quit spending money on my car, at least while I am alive and I have any money. It is very doubtful that I will ever sell my car. I just want 2 nice, quick, responsive handling, low mileage garage sluts to play with.

Neal:
If I find a car with the right equipment, dyno sheet, tract time, it should be somewhere close to what I want. Yes, I am beyond anal. But I think that I can find a car somewhere close to my expectations. I am definitely not interested in saving money to the point of selling my current ghetto sled to buy another car. Modding my current car is not going to cost too much, I just would really like to avoid it on another car. There are some very beautiful quick turbo bricks in the southwestern section, and I will probably never quit spending money on my car, at least while I am alive and I have any money. It is very doubtful that I will ever sell my car. I just want 2 nice, quick, responsive handling, low mileage garage sluts to play with.

can I be on your will? I'll come play checkers every tuesday if you want....

What little I have goes to my cat. But good try, Phil, tell your uncle hello for me please.

Neal:
Gary! When you mentioned sluts you gave yourself away.Whens the last time you got laid? As your friend & confidant I beg you to go out & find some nasty hooker & I will even pay for it as long as we can all watch.Your are totally backed up & in danger of your brains being blown out from all the pressure. I'm sorry but this is the only explanation that makes any sense to me. Concerned in Lake forest Lou

Gary! When you mentioned sluts you gave yourself away.Whens the last time you got laid? As your friend & confidant I beg you to go out & find some nasty hooker & I will even pay for it as long as we can all watch.Your are totally backed up & in danger of your brains being blown out from all the pressure. I'm sorry but this is the only explanation that makes any sense to me. Concerned in Lake forest Lou

LMFAO!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

"got laid" Is that a new kind of breakfast cereal or what?
brains? What brains?
Lou, if I had any brains, I probably wouldn't be playing around with turbo Buicks.

"got laid" Is that a new kind of breakfast cereal or what?
brains? What brains?
Lou, if I had any brains, I probably wouldn't be playing around with turbo Buicks.
Gary, you do have a sense of humor after all. Did you ever check that lead out I gave you on that Buick?