You can type here any text you want

Was this a factory option?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Turbota is the only one I know of who could confirm or deny the two tone option....I doubt it myself. Could hae been painted by a dealer to please that first owner.

Interesting, thanks for posting. I'm watching this osne. :)

I didn't see where the seller stated it was an option, except that it was a Gold and White TTA. Either way, it didn't come like that.
What is painted is the ground effects on the side and then the low section of the front and rear bumper covers.
I can't believe someone did that to a 9k mile car!

Should make it a deal for someone, since it will lower the price dramatically...

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
I didn't see where the seller stated it was an option, except that it was a Gold and White TTA. Either way, it didn't come like that.
What is painted is the ground effects on the side and then the low section of the front and rear bumper covers.
I can't believe someone did that to a 9k mile car!

It is at the bottom of the page:

Question & Answer

Q: Nice TA, I already own one but would like a low miler like yours. Never saw one two tone. Did this come factory or was this done afterwords? Thanx...more
Jun-15-05
A: This TA is complete factory including the 2 tone paint. Thanks for asking....

Ask seller a question

Originally posted by gold69charger
It is at the bottom of the page:

Question & Answer

Q: Nice TA, I already own one but would like a low miler like yours. Never saw one two tone. Did this come factory or was this done afterwords? Thanx...more
Jun-15-05
A: This TA is complete factory including the 2 tone paint. Thanks for asking....

Ask seller a question

ohhh it's gotta be true then :rolleyes: :p

duh, I see that now. Dealer must have done it, but I'd think he would have some sort of paper work to prove it, otherwise the car is ruined :( I'd still buy it for under $12k for a 9k mile car and have the gold easily removed :)

T tops and leather were the only 2 options so some dealer must have done that. Looks horrible IMO :eek: The only plus side is you could have it repainted and you'll have a nice car! :D

His reply to the 2 tone question on the auction states it's factory. From this, in regards to the 2 tone paint, we can conclude he's either: A) lying, B) misinformed, C) any combination of A and B.

It's not even a nice Gold, it's more Copper looking in the pics. It makes the car look old and really ghetto.

I just sent a "Question" that was more of an FYI that the gold is NOT an option. Let's see if he puts it on the page, I'm guessing not. :D

At first I was hoping that only the ground effects were painted, which other than the front nose, can easily be fixed, but the gold goes above them :( What a shame.

The things people did in the 80's :rolleyes: . . . ;)

Whoa . . . wait. I just checked www.89tta.com . . .

The five pilot TTAs, because they were for pre-production use, were pulled off the Van Nuys assembly line without regard to color and, in fact, they were not white. Because at least two of these pilot cars were sold to private individuals, there are at least two extremely rare, non-white, factory TTAs in existence!

There were 4 T-Top Cloth Pilot TTA's . . . Could this be???? :eek:

pilot cars

2 of them i know are not white...they are 88 model cars...one emissions test vehicle and one test fit vehicle...black and maroon were the colors...

Re: pilot cars

Originally posted by sdteb
2 of them i know are not white...they are 88 model cars...one emissions test vehicle and one test fit vehicle...black and maroon were the colors...

Yep! Rich Van't Hof owns both of them along with Beitzel's rag top and the motor that was in the brochure which Pontiac used for display at the dealer ships. sdteb are you from the old list?

I want the sunset orange metallic ram air myself, I dont know about all the BS about being the only one that year.

Back