Water at bottom of the refrigerator?

PNYKLR

Howdy all - way off here but every night I find water in the bottom of my refrigerator (inside the refrigerator underneath the fruit drawer) I clean the thing out every night, and I have even raised the temperature on both the fridge and the freezer and that doesnt help. I even put the moisture control on with no effect. Its wierd because everything in the fridge is cold and everything in the freezer is frozen solid. There is no ice maker or anything like that so no water would be getting in from outside.
Its an unsolved mystery ! Anyone have any expertise in this field?? Thanks for the help !!!!!

Condensation, from the way the system works.
Usually it's set up so that heat from the motor running evaporates it. In really really humid conditions, you can get them to overflow. But, should be extremely rare that happening.

If it's not overflowing, don't worry about it.

If your opening and closing the door ALOT and it's cycling alot, then that would be a reason, too.

The overflow pan Bruce speaks of should be underneath the fridge, not inside the bottom of it. My guess would be that the defrost control might be bad, causing excessive ice build up and its somehow thawing on the fridge floor. Might need a repairman to look at it. Or its possible that the door seals are very bad, allowing too much air into the fridge and its condensating.

Thanks guys !!
Last night now that I think about it I noticed a little bit of frost on the back wall inside the fridge underneath where the freezer temperature control is and also a very little bit of ice in the area where the air comes out I changed the temperature with no difference Yes the water is inside the fridge I cleaned it sat night on sunday afternoon half of it was filled with water again - its not an old refrigerator - I dunno :confused:

Yup, sounds like a bad defrost control. I had to replace mine too. I got the water, and everything was working fine, so I thought, then a couple days later it wasn't getting cold anymore. I had a bad defrost control and the defrost tubes were cracked. Call a repairman before you lose what food is in there.

I have fixed ours twice with ease.. I take off the back panel to the freezer from inside. uou should see a drip runner going from each side of fins angled down toward the middle.. If you see ice in that runner then the water is going over that ice & flowing down to the inside of the fridge.

I heated it with a hair dryer & noticed a clog in the hole that would allow the water to flow to the plastic hose to the drip tray
under the fridge.. Once I cleaned it out it flowed perfect..

Had the same problem with my GE refrigerator. Eventually the food in the refrigerator got warm and the compressor ran all the time. Turned out to be the defrost heaters behind the back panel in the freezer. There was so much ice on the coils that the air could not blow across them into the refrigerator. Cost to fix $100 inmcluding the service call.

Had the problem fixed ... $140 for the part and installation all together .The guy took off some piece in the back of the fridge and cleaned it, then changed another piece inside of the refrigerator. My fault that my 12:00 appointment turned into a 3:30 appointment (had to get the Regal to CK)