We tuned my buddies truck last night.

stagemonster

R.C. entourage
I think it pretty impressive its a 4.8 junkyard motor with a t-88. It had more in it but the electric water pump quit halfway through our session.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5iLNAUTbH4[/YOUTUBE]

dyno sheet

Attachments

• dynoslips002 (Small).jpg
    dynoslips002 (Small).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 588
It a stock 4.8 out of a silverado, Ls1 heads stock, it has a different cam. 15 pounds of boost. The ls1 heads drop the compression to 8.8 from 9.5.

What LS1 head did he use? 853 or 241? Also did he use the smaller bore 4.8 head gasket or the LS1 bored gasket? Any specs on the cam? What about the tune??

Pretty cool what these GEN III/IV motors can do. Any pictures of the manifolds and plumbing?

Rob Hinson (Bob's Son)

love this truck so freaking loud!!! even louder at 2 am on a peaceful street ya my neighbors loved us that night!!! o well look forward to anthor ride quick.....thing was wicked fast untuned and broken cluth pedal!!:biggrin:

What LS1 head did he use? 853 or 241? Also did he use the smaller bore 4.8 head gasket or the LS1 bored gasket? Any specs on the cam? What about the tune??

Pretty cool what these GEN III/IV motors can do. Any pictures of the manifolds and plumbing?

Rob Hinson (Bob's Son)

hp tunners self tuned. not sure on the gaskets

Rob Hinson (Bob's Son)

Motor has 2000 241 heads on it. I used the 5.3HO/5.7 MLS gaskets since the HO 5.3s came with 243 heads so was right gasket to use

cam is 230/236 595/601 @ 115+2

i did the tune and was done 99% on street by myself. only change on dyno was 3* of timing added and 8% less fuel above 6500 rpms. that was with no meth, the truck didnt like the meth it made it to rich. Im sure with actual dyno tuning i could net more power but i didnt want to chance it with my WB02 being off and just souly going off the Dynos wideband. I have it in my heart that it can see 800 without puking

driverside is a factory 6.0 manifold, and passengerside is a log where the driver side plumbs into the rear of manifold. the log is made from sch 40 weld'els. everything was built and fabb'd by myself with exception of stock manifold and log

its stock heads untouched besides PRC springs, stock bottomend besides ARP rod bolts, Stock LS2 intake. bunch of parts i had lying around with a junkyard bottomend

Also before this setup i never once tuned a boosted vehicle so you can say i lost my cherry on this :). im a fast learner, i read and researched for hours. i drove and logged and made changes over period of couple weeks.

right off the street with no changes at all to tune. made pull in 4th on 9psi and netted 501rwhp......

Motor has 2000 241 heads on it. I used the 5.3HO/5.7 MLS gaskets since the HO 5.3s came with 243 heads so was right gasket to use

cam is 230/236 595/601 @ 115+2

i did the tune and was done 99% on street by myself. only change on dyno was 3* of timing added and 8% less fuel above 6500 rpms. that was with no meth, the truck didnt like the meth it made it to rich. Im sure with actual dyno tuning i could net more power but i didnt want to chance it with my WB02 being off and just souly going off the Dynos wideband. I have it in my heart that it can see 800 without puking

driverside is a factory 6.0 manifold, and passengerside is a log where the driver side plumbs into the rear of manifold. the log is made from sch 40 weld'els. everything was built and fabb'd by myself with exception of stock manifold and log

its stock heads untouched besides PRC springs, stock bottomend besides ARP rod bolts, Stock LS2 intake. bunch of parts i had lying around with a junkyard bottomend

thanks for filling them in wasnt sure all the details.

Nice man, Congrats!
After seeing this, I feel confident I will hit my 500rwhp goal with my turbo 241 headed 5.3 around the 10-12 psi mark :)

Whats your fuel setup like?, injectors, pump ect?

Nice man, Congrats!
After seeing this, I feel confident I will hit my 500rwhp goal with my turbo 241 headed 5.3 around the 10-12 psi mark :)

Whats your fuel setup like?, injectors, pump ect?

2 walboros, dual -6 into a Y block then into a -8 to the rails, 1:1 regulator then -6 return to tank
siemans 60s for injectors

5.3 and 4.8 both are 9.5 cr stock
I will be doing a 5.3 in my regal,what heads do i want ,the ls2 heads??? ,what gaskets???...do i need custom push rods???..
any pics of the engine bay on that truck.. thanks Dennis

I will be doing a 5.3 in my regal,what heads do i want ,the ls2 heads??? ,what gaskets???...do i need custom push rods???..
any pics of the engine bay on that truck.. thanks Dennis

it all depends on what you want out of your combo. i ran 241s cause they dropped my CR to 8.8. if you use a 243 head your cr would only be aboug 9.1, if you used 317s CR would be 8.4. now for head gasket youll use the MLS gasket for the heads youre running.

pushrods depend on cam size. majority of cams use the 7.4 lenght pushrods

pics.......
photoshoot2008006.jpg

photoshoot2008007.jpg

photoshoot2008008.jpg

photoshoot2008009.jpg

photoshoot2008010.jpg

photoshoot2008011.jpg

theres a few for ya

love this truck so freaking loud!!! even louder at 2 am on a peaceful street ya my neighbors loved us that night!!! o well look forward to anthor ride quick.....thing was wicked fast untuned and broken cluth pedal!!:biggrin:
no fun pushing that truck up hills at 2 am thou :D