You can type here any text you want

weather tech floor mats

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboShifty

I want some for my GN but they don't have regal under their list of cars for 1987. Will the somerset ones fit? Or doesn't anyone else know of a place that makes floor mats like the weather tech ones for our cars?

I've got Weathertech full coverage mats plastic mats in my daily driver. My wife has them in her Outback. They are excellent for bad weather like snow. Can't imagine needing them in a TB. Never would drive my car in the snow!!!

I've got Weathertech full coverage mats plastic mats in my daily driver. My wife has them in her Outback. They are excellent for bad weather like snow. Can't imagine needing them in a TB. Never would drive my car in the snow!!!
Oh I won't drive it in bad weather at all. I just like how they look and I will be driving it on the hot rod power tour and you never know when it will rain.

They make some mats that are generic that they say fit. They are rubber unlike the molded plastic for vehicle specific models. They suck, they are basically the shape of any cheap rubber mat you can buy at Autozone but they're so thick the throttle would hang up on it. Not a good situation.

So the 1987 somerset ones from weather tech won't fit the GN? Weren't they similar cars?

So the 1987 somerset ones from weather tech won't fit the GN? Weren't they similar cars?
I don't know. When I talked to them they said the only thing they had that would fit were the generic ones. That was 3 years ago though so who knows what they have now.

At one time Somerset was used as a submodel of the RWD Regal but from 1985 to 1987 a Buick Somerset would be a FWD coupe. I doubt the floorpans are similar.

Buick_Somerset.jpg

Somerset definitely won't work. My wife had a somerset when we met and is was much smaller than the GN. The foot well area was probably a similar size since there wasn't a driveshaft hump down the middle.

I've got the digital fit weathertech mats in my truck and just got a set for my lady friends 2015 jeep wrangler. Best you can buy, but I highly doubt there is enough interest for them to produce those mats for a g body.

I have weathertech in every car except the GN and love them. I bought the weathertech last year they said fit the 87 GN and the are horrible. They hang up on the gas pedal and they really are as bad as autozone ones someone posted earlier. I just bought the embroidered ones from a vendor and stored my originals.

I want some for my GN but they don't have regal under their list of cars for 1987. Will the somerset ones fit? Or doesn't anyone else know of a place that makes floor mats like the weather tech ones for our cars?

Somerset/Skylark is a FWD Compact N-Body. The driver floor pan is about 3 inches shorter than the G-Bodies and a little shallower, would not be a good fit at all. I had an '88.

Perhaps look up a 78-87 Monte or Cutlass ...

Weathertech had an add in the Super Bowl. Great company. USA made.

wech is a great company pricey but wort it ... if u drive a truck or suv .... I don't see the market for a GN they are too bulky

Back