You can type here any text you want

weber stroker engines

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
what do the weber stokers have as far as cranks ,rods, pistons and rings ? whats the fastest 1 of these have been ? Are they reliable ?

Right off their website:

4340 Forged Steel 3.625” stroke crankshaft w/ Buick rod journals.
4340 Forged Steel H-Beam 5.967” Eagle Connecting Rods
Diamond Forged Pistons
Total Seal File Fitted rings
Performance rod and main bearings
Rods profiled to clear camshaft
Precision internally balanced

I have no experience with their engines but, they seem to be a reputable builder.

GM 3.8L Buick V6 Stroker Short Block with Billet Main Caps

Weber has been around a long time and I am sure thier qaulity is top notch, but the price does seem a little steep. The rotating assembly seems to be the same set up a lot of the vendors offer for for around $1850 so that makes the block, machine work, assembly and center steel billet mains come in around $4k. There was someone selling a new DLS Stage II 4.1 shortblock with a billet crank for about the same money recently.

Just aaskin because im going to grudge race a weber stroker aginst my stock cubic inch 109 with good heads for 1K ... we will see if the stroker makes a diff

Just aaskin because im going to grudge race a weber stroker aginst my stock cubic inch 109 with good heads for 1K ... we will see if the stroker makes a diff

I would think the stroker makes some difference but I bet its not huge and it likely depend on which car is better set up. Many of us went low 12's or high 11's with stock turbos,injectors, and intercooler while others struggle to get into the 12's with bigger turbos and aftermarket intercoolers and downpipes etc. It likely depends on who is getting everything there combo has to give. I remember on the GS Club Buick Day at Gainesville Raceway in 92 my car was right beside the owner of Bowling Green Customs' car in the staging lanes. My car was mostly stock with a K&N, dump pipe and a RA106 race chip and a pair of slicks while the BGC car had everything they sold-stretch intercooler, bigger turbo, bigger injectors, 3" elbow and downpipe, ram air set up and other items. I over heard the BGC owner telling his buddy that the parts I had were crap and that my car would be an "easy kill"-I ran a 12.02 that pass to his 12.50! His car had better parts and more potential but he was not getting it done!

Well we had a few stroker motor guys who were goin to kick Melissa's ass.. They fell into the "woulda, coulda, shoulda's" :p tunin is what its all about :cool: Love opening the hood an really not seeing all the big parts on it.

Well we had a few stroker motor guys who were goin to kick Melissa's ass.. They fell into the "woulda, coulda, shoulda's" :p tunin is what its all about :cool: Love opening the hood an really not seeing all the big parts on it.

LOL, how much boost and timing did you say she was running again....? What's in her car now?

I like the way the strokers have potential but I really wouldn't let it scare me. Chances are his car wont hook and then he'll be pedaling it to try to catch up. If anything looks out of wack, he's going to let off instead of hurting that high dollar short block.

LOL, how much boost and timing did you say she was running again....? What's in her car now?

She is still using it in the summer. She has her own motor in there now( prob 3 years now).. Damm time flys by !! The "other" Mazda motor has been sitting on an engine stand waiting for me to figure out what car I want it back in. Have to do some rear end work before she goes to the track again. How much boost ??? TSM boost 24#s :biggrin: I will say when we are racing the car we PUSH it !!! None of the pusseyfootin around like 90% of the BIG builds in here. Strokers and built up stockers racing with 15#s of boost because they don't have the balls to RUN the car. pitiful is all I can say. :p

When you look at our rotating assemblies, keep in mind that they are rated to 900HP. Are people pushing their engines beyond this successfully? With a girdle, you bet. If you need added strength, we can work with you on that as well. Just let us know what you already have and we can go from there.

Back