You can type here any text you want

Weird timing display

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboJim

JCC Racing Member Forum Tech Advisor
Staff member
Fooling around with my car this eve....damn neighbors called thje cops, and I never went WOT....ANYWAY...

Looking at a log of me just barely on the gas up the street then whacking it to 1/2 throttle, I noticed timing until 2800 or so is like 12* less than I have programmed. Once over 2800-3000 the displayed value equals the target value. Why is this? Is there a low op scaler or something? Should I bump it until displayed timing is where I want it and disregard the timing map value?

I had timing at 29* and displayed was like 15*. If I bump it to 40ish, it should be where I want it, but that doesnt seem right. Comments/suggestions?

Sounds like it was pulling timing for knock. Add ESC RTD to your logger and that will tell you next time.

The only other thing it could be besides the knock sensor is timing trim. If your TPS reads lower than the max TPS for idle setting, it will remove timing accordingly in an attempt to correct what it sees as a high idle speed. Set the max TPS for idle to one number higher than your TPS reading at an idle. It's either that or the knock sensor, those are the only things that can cause that.

Originally posted by Craig Smith
The only other thing it could be besides the knock sensor is timing trim. If your TPS reads lower than the max TPS for idle setting, it will remove timing accordingly in an attempt to correct what it sees as a high idle speed. Set the max TPS for idle to one number higher than your TPS reading at an idle. It's either that or the knock sensor, those are the only things that can cause that.

That must be it. I did notice idle was 970 with a 900 target. I bet you're riht, it was trying to lower the idle via tiiming. I'll look over the idle and tps settings. I dont think it was knock because I still have my knock gauge on it and it wasnt doin anything.

Thanks Craig!

Back