You can type here any text you want

Weldon or Aeromotive Pumps

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NJTurbo

Simply The Best
I was looking at the Weldon 2015 to support my S2. I have heard that these are not all that good for any street use. The car may see a trip or two to the WAWA.

Just looking to see what you guys are running at hp levels 750-800hp.

THX for any feedback. :cool: :cool:

I'm going to run a Weldo 2025 with the Aeromotive fuel pump controller. It controls the fuel pump by RPM for the street driving.

HTH,
Scott

The 2015 can be run continuous without any downside (other than noise). I know of a few guys who have run it into the 8's.
I am not familiar with the Aeromotive controller, but I use a Weldon controller on my 2035 pump for street use. It really quiets the pump down.

Where does the controller mount and how does it quiet the pump down. THX;)

Mine is mounted in the trunk. It has a switch that you can toggle to go from race to street. You can use a TPS switch or pressure switch instead of the toggle if you want "automatic" control. It also has a dial to control the pump speed in street mode. It does NOT lower the voltage, instead it pulses the pump (like an injector).

I use it all the time on customers street cars. I have even used it on the 2015 for a customer just to keep things quiet.

Originally posted by HighPSI
Mine is mounted in the trunk. It has a switch that you can toggle to go from race to street. You can use a TPS switch or pressure switch instead of the toggle if you want "automatic" control. It also has a dial to control the pump speed in street mode. It does NOT lower the voltage, instead it pulses the pump (like an injector).

I use it all the time on customers street cars. I have even used it on the 2015 for a customer just to keep things quiet.

Cal big improvement worth the money. I would imagine that it gets louder as you increase in RPM. Sounds trick. :D

It does not get louder with rpm. It is quiet in street mode and loud in race mode. Not much in between.

Ive been running my Areomotive pump for 2 or 3 years and have taken my car on some long rides to the track before (600 plus mile round trip) Never a lick of problems but it is loud:rolleyes: I have noticed that when i drain the C16 out to put pump gas back in for the ride home the fuel is warm:D Ive heard it came get so warm it can vapor lock from heat sink off the fuel rails. This has never happened to me and ive been in alot of rush hour traffic just sitting at a idle:rolleyes: I guess it would all depend on how much fuel is in the tank to cycle and get hot:D

Years ago i used to run the hot set up:rolleyes: ,sx fuel pump/-10 feed/-6 return/sump and had nothing but fuel problems........pump was supposed to provide enough fuel for big hp but not for me!
Anyway i now run dual intank pumps with stock lines.......no problems!
However when i put my big motor in i may go the big external pump again...........you guys are having good success with single pumps or dual external pumps?
How do the aeromotive pumps compare,or are they take offs of the sx?
I think the welden is a totally different beast, correct?

Thanks.

Cheesburger,

I run a 2025 pump and have made a pass (on accident) with the pump in street mode, I would say it runs at at least 1/2 speed and there was no indication of fuel being added by the FAST in my datalogs.

It is loud at full power, but I don't really care, it is a race car.

I've been selling and installing the Aeromotive pumps and accessories for about 4 years, they've been excellent. I set up several customer cars without the pump controller for street use with no problems. I've sold several of the controllers and also had no problems. I don't think it makes a performance differance on the street for the pump without the controller, guess it is a good safety backup. One of my customers, Joey P. from New York drove his car to Reynolds, Ga. and back without a hitch, long haul driving certainly wasn't a problem as well as numorous trips up here to Mass. in and out of us95 traffic. Depending on your HP, there are several pumps available from 800, 1000, 1400 plus HP. I run the Pro series pump for the last 3 plus years in the Pumpkin.

Ted

Is that a little big for you:eek: I was looking at a 2015 Weldon and the aeromotive controller if they are compatible.

Jack what size line are you running for feed and return. THX:cool:

I need a good pump that supports 750-800hp, my car will see a few street encounters.
:eek: :D

Pump

I am also running an aeromotive pro series pump with the controller from Jack cotton. It has seen many hours of street driving and still going strong. I run #12 inlet to the pump with a very short line(less than a foot). #10 to the fuel rail also.
Allan G.

I'm running a Weldon 2015.... -12 from the cell and -10 up to the motor. Never a problem street or track use. I've heard good things about both pumps. ;)

Can someone put up some pictures on S2 Fuel System. I would like to get some ideas. THX:D

Originally posted by njturbo
Ted

Is that a little big for you:eek: I was looking at a 2015 Weldon and the aeromotive controller if they are compatible.

Jack what size line are you running for feed and return. THX:cool:

I need a good pump that supports 750-800hp, my car will see a few street encounters.
:eek: :D

Not any more. The S2 motor is in and running.

Originally posted by Ted A.
Not any more. The S2 motor is in and running.

Good News. See if you can get us some pictures up, I know it has been a long road for you from the Cas Fuel Rail to the machine shop bill. :eek:

Back