You can type here any text you want

Well, everyone was right :(

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XopherTony

:( budget prediction so far

so my projected swap costs so far: (not in any order, piecing this together from a collection of Post-Its
200 strut tower bar
350 tubular k-member (engine cradle)
300 tubular a-arms
525 downpipe (terry houston)
600 completely custom wire harness
400 limited slip rear (from 4th gen) and 28 spline 3rd gen axles
(to fit posi rear) (junkyard) ( i have been wanting to do this anyway)
160 transmission crossmember (will sit slightly farther back then stock T5
1700 T56 6 spped manual trasmission (junkyard) or 2400 for full on race
built T56 (dreaming)
???? adapter plate to get chevy T56 to mate to BOP bolt pattern on
buick engine (no precident)
4000?? engine. no prcident to predict price. can not find buick powerplant
online ANYWHERE?!?

most prices are slightly inflated to reflect shipping, most of them i have found a source for. total so far, if engine costs 4K(factors in engine that nees a little work) is 8235. add one third (random hardware and unexpectd surprises) and we are looking at 10 grand.......

i emailed this to my dad this morning, first time i had it all in one place. realy surprised me how quick all this stuff adds up. i had not even factored in the 300-500 worth of guages needed to correctly monitor the engine ( i like autometer)

anyway, i think i may be joining the ranks of TTA owners in the next year. defeat has never been so sweet...... :D

I did the same thing and I learned that even with that number, add on about another 1500.00 since little things that come up seem to always add up.

i ahve bben reading TTA stuff fromthat FAQ at the top of the page since i made that post. i frekin want one!!!!!

aw, i drooled all over myself......

i am tired of driving my 135HP economy car.. (2.8L of driving exitment) :rolleyes:

XopherTony said:
:( budget prediction so far

so my projected swap costs so far: (not in any order, piecing this together from a collection of Post-Its
200 strut tower bar
350 tubular k-member (engine cradle)
300 tubular a-arms
525 downpipe (terry houston)
600 completely custom wire harness
400 limited slip rear (from 4th gen) and 28 spline 3rd gen axles
(to fit posi rear) (junkyard) ( i have been wanting to do this anyway)
160 transmission crossmember (will sit slightly farther back then stock T5
1700 T56 6 spped manual trasmission (junkyard) or 2400 for full on race
built T56 (dreaming)
???? adapter plate to get chevy T56 to mate to BOP bolt pattern on
buick engine (no precident)
4000?? engine. no prcident to predict price. can not find buick powerplant
online ANYWHERE?!?

most prices are slightly inflated to reflect shipping, most of them i have found a source for. total so far, if engine costs 4K(factors in engine that nees a little work) is 8235. add one third (random hardware and unexpectd surprises) and we are looking at 10 grand.......

i emailed this to my dad this morning, first time i had it all in one place. realy surprised me how quick all this stuff adds up. i had not even factored in the 300-500 worth of guages needed to correctly monitor the engine ( i like autometer)

anyway, i think i may be joining the ranks of TTA owners in the next year. defeat has never been so sweet...... :D

What are you swapping in to - or thinking of swapping in to?

I think historically it's been shown cheaper to find a TTA than to convery an F-Body, but some of the items on the list are definitely "nice-to-haves" vs. required to swap. I made the same "mistake"....bought a lot of suspension stuff only to find my motor was no good. The suspension parts don't get a lot of use when there is no motor in the car :)

Back