You can type here any text you want

Well, I get my WRX on Monday

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tjthorson

My WRX should be here this weekend, ready for pickup on Monday. I have been 6 months without a turbo car and miss the boosties......

It will be my new company car / daily driver. I got a low optioned, rally blue sport wagon. I am not a big fan of the looks of the wagon, but I need the room for the computer side of the business.

The Cutlass is still for sale. Anyone want a nice 95 3.4 twin dual cam in perfect running order? See pics on my site.

Ill get some pics and stuff on the WRX when I pick it up. Just wanted to share!!!!

If the new computer business really takes off, I should be trolling to a new t-type by next summer. Woo-hoo!

Congrats! I love my 02 wrx sedan. did you get manual trans? i did and was glad after i drove the auto and saw how much slower it was

Todd,
the WRX is a nice car. Good Choice. What kind of computer business are you starting.
Mike

Of course I got the 5 speed - do they even offer an auto? :D

Has yours been to the track? Just curious where the real world numbers are.

Techie question - will an SMC alky kit bolt right in? Hope so....

I have been doing so many computer side jobs, i decided to get a partner and incorporate.

We do it all, cabling, servers, software distribution, light application development, hardware and software troubleshooting.

So far so good! Very busy with doing the cleaning business at the same time.

Wow clean their floors, and organize their computer system in one trip.

David

Originally posted by tjthorson

It will be my new company car / daily driver. I got a low optioned, rally blue sport wagon. I am not a big fan of the looks of the wagon, but I need the room for the computer side of the business.

Something more cool about the wagon IMO, don't forget to post some pictures!:cool: Some of the 60's muscle car guys turn grocery getter wagons into factory looking muscle wagons, SS Chevelles, GTOs, etc., wagons can be cool!

Re: Re: Well, I get my WRX on Monday

Originally posted by TRiv
Something more cool about the wagon IMO, don't forget to post some pictures!:cool: Some of the 60's muscle car guys turn grocery getter wagons into factory looking muscle wagons, SS Chevelles, GTOs, etc., wagons can be cool!

I agree. I saw a silver wagon type on the road today, and I still think it's MUCH better looking than the sedan with the bloated rear end. I'd love to have either though.
I also agree about the the muscle wagons. Just something cool and different about them.

Originally posted by tjthorson
Of course I got the 5 speed - do they even offer an auto? :D

Techie question - will an SMC alky kit bolt right in? Hope so....

Should be able to, but space is very limited in those things. Alos, I am not sure with the factory fuel system you will be able to do anythign tho the car that will require a Alky kit. The factory fuel systems will not support more than 17PSI of boost.

There is a piggy back computer system out there for around $400 and an up pipe/downpipe combo from HKS combined with a Manual boost controller and you have an STI beat. Which means a low 13 hig 12 sec car, depending on how well you can launch it. My friend has done this and lined up against his buddy's STI at an airport strip and pulled a hood on him to about 100.

Plus something to remember, the cars resopnd a lot better to a little wheel slip at a launch. The AWD bogs the engine and prevents good turbo spool up unless you get a little slippage.

Great cars... am going to get one for my daily driver sometime.

Todd,hope that little bugger can muster up the torq your te60 was dishin out,,for a 60 series that baby moved..
Good luck with the company car:D

My buddy has seen the aftermarket larger turbos for the WRX and said they look like tonka toys compared to a GN stocker....

Like a 1.5 inch compressor wheel! :eek:

I will start with a boost controller ($30) and put it around 15 lbs. and go from there!!!!

Congrats on the WRX .... I am still tooling around in my Legacy SE -- but it's a good everyday car ... STi is my next buy. It helps that I work for Subie --- great discounts ...... Don't get me wrong .. I am still a Buick Girl!
Take care!

3.4 210HP DOHC v6. Its the v6 quad-4. The motor has a terrible reputation. I have done all the "known" stuff already, so its good to go. It just turned 70K. No rust, top in good, but not perfect shape. Stock radio, , ps, pb, pw, pdl, cruise, etc. Everything works fine. Auto climate control, A/C is cold. New tires, brakes and rotors by me last year. New alternator (the big one on those cars) 2 years ago, I bought a NEW AC/Delco because I only wanted to do it once. New battery, new intake manifold gaskets and fuel pressure regulator and injector o-rings (while i was in there). New IAC motor (while I was troubleshooting the intake gaskets leaking ;) ) New plugs and wires 2 years ago. Cam belt and sprockets are tight and belt is in great shape. Seems the belt was done shortly before I got the car at 45K.

I have had it 3 years, pics are on my site. Has white leather which really needs a deep cleaning. It looks good, but certainly not as white as the detail shop did when I bought the car. I tried simple green, a brush, and leather conditioner, but its still not SUPER white. Overall a great car, I would give it a realistic 8 out of 10. Drives perfect, about 18MPG average. I want to get 6000 out of it to make it worth my while. I had a sign in the window advertising it at 7K, my "friends" price is 6K. Since the weather is starting to get cold now, I put it in my garage for the season....

There you have it!

WRX!

Check out this place. Prices are a bit crazy, but thier cars run fast. You are going to love the WRX, on and off ramps will never be the same agian!

Foolis

Back