Well Kids, I'm pretty excited!!

alright the TGUY is serious as a heart attack with this build
get down baby get down !!

This is going to slow things down some, that's for sure. Worth it in the end, though. Besides, it hit 96* here today.... it will get nothing but warmer and warmer (aka HOTTER, it IS Phoenix, after all) until the middle of September going forward, so why the hell am I in such a hurry? :eek:

This is going to slow things down some, that's for sure. Worth it in the end, though. Besides, it hit 96* here today.... it will get nothing but warmer and warmer (aka HOTTER, it IS Phoenix, after all) until the middle of September going forward, so why the hell am I in such a hurry? :eek:
good for the tires , now quite crying and get on with the pics for turbo Keith :love:

As soon as stuff comes back from the machine shop, pics will be posted, I promise. Here are some teasers......

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 99
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 100
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 98
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 99
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 101
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 97
I think we need to enlist an engraver to put TOO MUCH T GUY ON THE HEADS :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I think we need to enlist an engraver to put TOO MUCH T GUY ON THE HEADS :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Mike Tomaszewski at T/A Performance deservers every bit of credit for the premium headwork done. I just purchased and asked him to "make them nice", he did the rest.

He and his shop are amazing. The dedication to perfection there is second to none.

Did you see the caps on that block???!! Pure Artwork!!

Guy,

I see you're running all steel main caps with stock maIn bolts what gives?

Neal

Guy,

I see you're running all steel main caps with stock maIn bolts what gives?

Neal

Those were put there just to hold the caps in place during transport to Lou, they will be replaced with ARP stuff when the block gets line bored.

Can make some deductions by reading the parts going in, but do you have any specific goals or plans, looks like an awesome build. I am a little jealous. I have more modest goals, not to step on your thread, but after the carnage last year I have an engine together. Now just the trans and a ton of peripheral stuff to do. Forged rotating assembly, but stock block and caps, ARP hardware. Same build as my sig for the most part.
IMG_0141.JPG

Can make some deductions by reading the parts going in, but do you have any specific goals or plans, looks like an awesome build. I am a little jealous. I have more modest goals, not to step on your thread, but after the carnage last year I have an engine together. Now just the trans and a ton of peripheral stuff to do. Forged rotating assembly, but stock block and caps, ARP hardware. Same build as my sig for the most part.
View attachment 339572

You're not stepping...:)

Hoping for tickling 650 at the crank, 10.00 flat quarter. Should be very doable.

Last edited:
Today, Lou and I decided to go XFI on this build. No more stock computer. :love:

OK, Guy, not trying to get you to reveal any trade secrets or the like! However, as you know (from our conversation) I am extremely curious about aftermarket engine management systems on our cars. Especially, once they’re heavily modified, as yours is! So, if it won’t upset any of the players involved, would you care to elaborate on this subject a little? That is, more about the motive / reasoning for the switch? If it’s too revealing, then, please disregard! It’s all good, as I just have a keen interest in knowing the thought process behind this move is all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, Guy, not trying to get you to reveal any trade secrets or the like! However, as you know (from our conversation) I am extremely curious about aftermarket engine management systems on our cars. Especially, once they’re heavily modified, as yours is! So, if it won’t upset any of the players involved, would you care to elaborate on this subject a little? That is, more about the motive / reasoning for the switch? If it’s too revealing, then, please disregard! It’s all good, as I just have a keen interest in knowing the thought process behind this move is all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty simple.

I'll try to put it in the vernacular that someone, who shall remain nameless, put it to me.

The last build we did was an attempt to shoot a model rocket to 2500 feet up into the sky.

The result was easily accomplished with the tech and 3rd grader pilot (engine management system) that was already in the car.:) The stock computer gave me exactly that, and it did a great job.

However, this build is a full on (man I am old) Apollo Moon Shot. I need NASA to be in charge of the propulsion systems going forward. XFI will be my much more programmable, reliable and tunable "NASA".

Ergo, the change.

Looks great man.
Always wanted to check out T/A s shop. I have a feeling I would walk out of there with an empty bank account.

With your build, are you planning any safety upgrades to the car?

Might be a good time to sort that out during the hot summer and wait time on the eng.

Tim C

Looks great man.
Always wanted to check out T/A s shop. I have a feeling I would walk out of there with an empty bank account.

Might be a good time to sort that out during the hot summer and wait time on the eng.

Tim C

No changes planned at this time.

Looks great man.

Tim C

Although, that could change, too.

Looks great man.

Tim C
Tell me about it. I got their catalog for the first time 2 weeks back after I ordered some parts and it was like getting the Sears Holiday Wish Book when I was a kid.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk