You can type here any text you want

What aftermarket crank?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostingbuick

Going to be buried in this.
So what is everyone using for a aftermarket crank? I may need to buy a crank and was seeing what people are using.

5 years of abuse has cought up to me. Sounds like rod. Very light knock but its there. The crank is 20/20 so I think I need to get a new one to be safe. I had no traction last night and was on the rev limiter alot. At least I did'nt window the block.

Sorry to here that:mad: :frown:
Now you could put some really go fast parts on it;)

good luck finding anything but a CAT. If you find an eagle let me know, please.

Eagle discontinued them. I need one bad

DUDE!!!! Your post count is over 1,000 and you need to ask? Stroker Kit man!!!! :)

Seriously, I do not know why one would go in and not use the kit. Really, if a crank is needed, then there is a good chance that it will go together with new pistons too, so what will ya save = some old rods and the block. DOIT!!!!

I run a 4.1 block, so a stroker kit is out. And the piston I am sure are fine. I just want to know that I can get a crank. I am not sure that I will even need one. And I have heard bad things about the Eagle cranks. Just want to know my options if I need one. Thanks.

Cat is from China, and guess what so is Eagle. The difference is that the final machine work and quality control is done by Eagle here in the US, not so for the Cat version.

As far as what crank to run, It seems you should run whatever you can get your hands on, Forged crank supply is awfully short at the moment.

................As far as what crank to run, It seems you should run whatever you can get your hands on, Forged crank supply is awfully short at the moment.

Good point!:biggrin:

Just about 2 years ago when my [used] forged BMS stroker crank broke during run-in, I had a few Cat cranks in stock and wanted to get up and running ASAP, so a stock stroke Cat was installed.

Over 200+ runs later [from mid-9 sec. to 10.0], I still have 73 psi oil pressure.:)

Oh, we have used more Buick Eagle cranks than Cats, and we have no "bad things" to say about them?:confused: At this point I do not know of any vendor that has Eagle cranks for sale.

What would a complete stroker set up cost for a Daily street driven 109 block?

I "assume" your question is directed at me?:)

Since all of out engines are built to the customer's specs and budget, we work with each one direct to satisfy their requirements. Feel free to contact me by e-mail direct [not PM], or call, to discuss how we can best help you, thanks.

I run a 4.1 block, so a stroker kit is out. And the piston I am sure are fine. I just want to know that I can get a crank. I am not sure that I will even need one. And I have heard bad things about the Eagle cranks. Just want to know my options if I need one. Thanks.

I don't have a stroker in my Buick either
But then I hope I don't have to mess with that part of it; but if I did....

Good luck on your search - but hope you don't even need one! Them things anit cheap.

I didnt know the eagles were discontinued, i got one from summit a couple of years ago, but i returned it because i kept the old crank in the block.

Nick- have you ever known anyone who broke either a Cat crank or an Eagle? if so at what horsepower? I would also like to know if a 4.1 production block can be used to make a stroker motor-anything specific?

None of our customers have broken a Cat or Eagle crank. These engines have been up to 1000 HP. :)

In the higher HP engines we generally use a billet crank.

Just finishing a 4.1 production block that is a stroker at 274 cu. in., and is built to run consistent high 9's. It may be in the for sale section soon, as the customer may not be using it? :confused:

What are the specs on the production 4.1? im considering building one also. 3.625 crank, 6.5 rods, pistons with 1.200" comp height-do you know if this will work in a 4.1 production block? is there special notching or machining involved? Do you believe the block is strong enough just to use billet caps with a cat crank and carillo rods. no girdle or girdle is recommended?

Back