What did you do to your GN/TR today?

started the quarter panel repair! Cursed vehicle will be ready for BPG....09!

I actually got to sit in mine, start it up, and smell that race gas goodness for the first time in over a year. It sure felt good!

well over the last few days i pulled the old 8.5 out and put a fully built one in. Rearend has 33spline strange axles, c-clip elim,ta diff cover,welded axel tubes,1/2 wheel studs,s10 wheel cylinder, big shoes on both sides, new upper bushing with zert fittings. Also change plugs put race gas in it and a few other things.

Went to the track to tune on the fast,brought my times down from 13.54 with a crappy 2.24 60' due to pegleg mode on axle and didnt want to tear it up, down to 12.97 at 111 but this was in 100 degree heat and then put it on the trailer with a popped head gasket after goof up , but it was getting better so now I have to fix diff and HG. It was really smooth running but I will be back next week if everything goes well. Another gasket to hang on the wall for reference.

Hurry Mr. Machine shop

Car is in the driveway,motor is at the engine builders shop:rolleyes: Says he will be back:eek: in a week.Vacation.:mad: I want to play with my toy:D

Got my Comp 980 valvesprings today and all my fittings to do my external oil cooler lines.:smile:

I installed a $4.69 nut onto the exhaust housing on the turbo.

Also picked up my oil pump gaskets at Autozone.

UPS delivered my FAST XFI setup from Cotton's today, too. That'll be this weekend's project.

Jim

Just thinking up on what to do next. Doesn't need anything but I never stop tinkering. So far this year, electric intercooler fan project, window express modules for up and down one touch windows, digital tail lights, ditched my DIY alky kit for an alkycontrol.com setup, SSBC calipers and rotors and braided brake lines.

I installed a $4.69 nut onto the exhaust housing on the turbo.

Also picked up my oil pump gaskets at Autozone.

UPS delivered my FAST XFI setup from Cotton's today, too. That'll be this weekend's project.

Jim

congrats. im going to pick up a XFI soon.

Its a fun project that can also be a headache. The nice thing about FAST is the huge amount of support behind it. I am running the classic gray box for now. It does everything I want it to so why spend more money, the red box is nicer looking but my box is installed under the passenger seat so you dont really ever see it anyways. :)

right on. cool thing with having people close to me is i can just drop the car off and pick it up a day or 2 later.

Thanks. My engine guy recommended it. I got Casper's harness with it, but it's the 'short' one so I need to find a place for it close to the stock ECM.

I'm still light in the fuel department with a single in-tank pump, but I supplement with alcohol so hopefully that will get me through until next year's project: a fuel cell, rails, regulator, pump and beefy lines.

Jim