What did you do to your GN/TR today?

keep us posted with lots of pics.

I hope you mean of the FAST install. The fuel thing is a pipe dream at this point. It needs done, but it's a ways off.

My family is leaving for vacation without me tomorrow (long story; work related). And taking my digital camera with them. I have a decent cell phone camera, though, so I can take pics over the weekend. I'll be removing my MAF, Translator Plus, Innovate LM-1 and associated wiring/rats nest (all of which will be for sale if anyone is interested).

Jim

ya the FAST in stall. i will have some stuff up for sale as well. but that wont be for a week or 2

ya the FAST in stall. i will have some stuff up for sale as well. but that wont be for a week or 2

cool. I went out the garage and stared at it for a while. I don't know it yet, but in the shower tomorrow I'll have lots of ideas as to how to attack the project. It's just how I work.

Right now trying to get C-COM installed on a Vista laptop. Thus far, Vista -1, Turbojimmy - 0.

Jim

working on a hot-air

I have been helping my buddy E-Singer swap out his cylinder heads for some ported ones. I also plan on cleaning up the wiring harness and make it purdy!

SloGN. well i just looked at it for a moment and was like Bitch :eek: and walked away lol.

one pic is recent and the other one is like a yr old.

what I did to my GN today...

6:45 am
started it and backed out of garage with hood open
got out to close hood, paused to listen to all the noises that shouldn't be there and thought, "where the F--- is that rattle coming from?!?!?! :mad: " and then....."What the HE11? That wasn't squeaking last week!! :confused: " and also...."Oh great, that sounds like it's in the valve-train! :eek: " then drove it to work and thought, "Awsome!" :biggrin:

Rob

After an hour of hacking out my LM-1, LM-1 data logging stuff and my Translator+, I plugged in the Casper's adapter module and FAST XFI.

I couldn't believe it when the f'ing thing started right up. Could it be that easy?! Close, but no cigar. I have no TPS input according to the FAST dashboard, but if that's my only problem I'm happy as a clam (are clams happy, really?).

I need to investigate the TPS thing. It's probably self-inflicted. I had a TPS input hooked up to the LM-1. I had tapped into the stock ECM wiring and might've goofed something up when I took the LM-1 out.

SES light is on, but I suspect it's because of the lack of a TPS signal. FAST says "ERROR CODE 8" which I'm going to track down right now.

My installation is far from elegant at this point. I used wire taps to hook the MAP up to the Casper's harness because I lack an extension cable for it. I also have the O2 sensor wiring running in through the passenger side door. The reason is the same: cable is too short. If you do move to FAST with Casper's adapter/harness do yourself a favor and get a MAP extension cable and a WB02 extension cable so that you can reach the passenger side kick panel with both.

I'm not sure where to stuff the Casper's box and the XFI box so it's just sitting there for now:

fast_080908.jpg

Jim

After an hour of hacking out my LM-1, LM-1 data logging stuff and my Translator+, I plugged in the Casper's adapter module and FAST XFI.

I couldn't believe it when the f'ing thing started right up. Could it be that easy?! Close, but no cigar. I have no TPS input according to the FAST dashboard, but if that's my only problem I'm happy as a clam (are clams happy, really?).

I need to investigate the TPS thing. It's probably self-inflicted. I had a TPS input hooked up to the LM-1. I had tapped into the stock ECM wiring and might've goofed something up when I took the LM-1 out.

SES light is on, but I suspect it's because of the lack of a TPS signal. FAST says "ERROR CODE 8" which I'm going to track down right now.

My installation is far from elegant at this point. I used wire taps to hook the MAP up to the Casper's harness because I lack an extension cable for it. I also have the O2 sensor wiring running in through the passenger side door. The reason is the same: cable is too short. If you do move to FAST with Casper's adapter/harness do yourself a favor and get a MAP extension cable and a WB02 extension cable so that you can reach the passenger side kick panel with both.

I'm not sure where to stuff the Casper's box and the XFI box so it's just sitting there for now:

fast_080908.jpg

Jim

Here is a pic of the Box installed on the pass. side kick panel. The caspers box is in the stock ecm location and the XFI box mounted on the outside. Had to do a little trimming (plastic) to get all to fit but ended up being a fairly easy install and comes out looking nice.
I have since installed the box right side up (its upside down in the pic).
I did get an extension cable, drilled a hole in the floor, put a grommet in and ran the O2 wire through that, right above the heat sheild.
HTH

Attachments

• 9-11-07 002.jpg
    9-11-07 002.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 157
Here is a pic of the Box installed on the pass. side kick panel. The caspers box is in the stock ecm location and the XFI box mounted on the outside. Had to do a little trimming (plastic) to get all to fit but ended up being a fairly easy install and comes out looking nice.
I have since installed the box right side up (its upside down in the pic).
I did get an extension cable, drilled a hole in the floor, put a grommet in and ran the O2 wire through that, right above the heat sheild.
HTH

Nice. I'll give that a whirl. I need to wait for my cables to arrive. I didn't want to drill a hole in the firewall so I got a 6' o2 cable. Casper's sells them without the connector installed so you can poke it through the stock grommet. I also bought one of his adapters so I can use the factory wiring for the MAP sensor. It's amazing how clean everything is now without the LM-1 and Translator.

I fixed the TPS problem, though it's still not clear to me what the problem was. I was using a piggy-back connector to power the MAP from the TPS feed. I disconnected it and fed the MAP directly from the Casper's harness and the TPS magically started working.

It's having a hard time controlling the idle speed. It's way above target. I have some values in the dashboard, including the TPS, that are yellow instead of green. I suspect that this means something. If I shut it off and turn it back on the idle comes down where it should be.

Overall it's great, though. I have no idea why but the car runs much cooler. I had Extender chips in "race fan" mode (constant run) and the temp would still creep up to close to 200 when climbing hills and such. Now it's rock solid at 165 degrees and the fans don't run constantly. I can't explain why.

It feels a little more lethargic than the "98 octane" Extender I had in it. It's probably the timing. I'm not sure what Jack's base configuration is.

Jim

congrats. 10's here you come.

Thanks. I hope so. I ran the time in my sig in 2005 and it's gotten slower every year since.

There's A LOT to configure but Jack's base program seems to be decent. It really gets up and goes when you get on it. It's just feels a little more lazy part-throttle than my Extender chip.

Jim

Pulled the Powermaster off yet again. Going to try one more unit and if it doesn't work I'm going vacuum.

rolled the fenders on the 86 today...will try to see if the real 10.5 tire fits for noble...:)

i really need to take pics everyone likes pictures but today i put the gbodyparts braided lines on the rear and front bleed the brake put the crossover back on fixed the short in my cutout and a few other things

Pulled the front cover off the motor and sure enough the cam gear is all chewed up. Time for a new set.

I have been helping my buddy E-Singer swap out his cylinder heads for some ported ones. I also plan on cleaning up the wiring harness and make it purdy!

SloGN. well i just looked at it for a moment and was like Bitch :eek: and walked away lol.

one pic is recent and the other one is like a yr old.

It was a battle, but ported heads and engine cleanup was successfull. Thanks to Pat Broughton (Chief Mechanic), Richard Clark (Media Blasting) and Joe Johnson (Parts Painter).

DSC_4462.jpg
DSC_4464.jpg

Here's what I've done over the past few days....

Put in new Autometer gauges....

8-17-08124.jpg

And added a new license plate from TR custom parts....:D

8-17-08127.jpg

8-17-08126.jpg

And a Scanmaster shade hood....no pix of it.