What Inspired You to Buy Your Turbo Buick ??

Love that song... Tom Cochrane was a bit ahead of his time..

I won't get into the anti- anti-Semitism part of the song, this is the lounge and I'm a Christian, but, it's there, and it's well founded.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLI
Didn't know anything about the song, other than it makes me drive faster.

May be the first time I've seen the video. Doesn't do the song justice.

Been listening to Waylon lately, along with some Zevon.

I'm all over the place! :D

Didn't know anything about the song, other than it makes me drive faster.

May be the first time I've seen the video. Doesn't do the song justice.

Been listening to Waylon lately, along with some Zevon.

I'm all over the place! :D

You should hear what the 5800+ song iPod I have in my car bounces around on..... pure lunacy.... :D:D

My iTunes library is somewhere near 11k songs these days...... and I'm just a novice to many here, I'm sure...... :eek:

Last edited:
Wanted a bad ass car that my family and friends could ride in.
(I've always been a truck guy)
Can't leave my kids behind so needed a car.

It had to be a classic, fast, good looks, good mpg (road trip friendly), wanted ac, power steering,power brakes, power windows.
Oh and it needed to be GM

Not many cars fitted my wish.

Grand national baby all the way!!

You should hear what the 5800+ song iPod I have in my car bounces around on..... pure lunacy.... :D:D

My iTunes library is somewhere near 11k songs these days...... and I'm just a novice to many here, I'm sure...... :eek:

i-What?

Still running cassettes & CD's. Pretty sure any of my 8-tracks & vinyl are long gone though.

"Frampton Comes Alive!" at the moment.

Wouldn't go far with the young ladies, without Frampton & Boston in your collection back then.

kirban 2 cents worth

I was in the GTO mail order business started in mid 70s....come mid 80s several of my customers where buying the black V6 turbo charged Regals....87 mode year rolls around in September same month in 87 I turned 40 so I went and leased a new 87 GN gave it to my wife to drive....rolled it into a business still going strong after 30 years.....lots have changed in 30 years......

denniskirban@yahoo.com

that lst one was the lst of many many of them....learned quickly I never wanted to keep a black car.....any color but black....

....learned quickly I never wanted to keep a black car.....any color but black....

Based upon my garage, you'd think black was my favorite color.

Grew up in the desert & prefer the white, blue, beige/sand type of colors.

Somehow I end up with black.

Great stories

Like a lot of you I saw them Lined up at my local dealer ship. Detto Buick In Hicksville NY. Just loved that look. One of my best friends Moms boyfriend had one and used to take us on crazy rides with it. Scared the crap out of us.
Loved those cars since. He still has it too. Over the years I could never put together enough money to get one. For my 40th the wife let me buy my first TR after selling my 454 SS pick up. Learned a lot with that car did a lot of work too. But it was a t top car and I wanted a hard top so I sold it. Looked from the second I sold it until I found my WE4 Astro roof that I just got.
Ive had a lot of great cars real fast cars too and even after trying to kill me and costing me a fortune there's still nothing like these cars. Plus its the era I grew up in.

Last edited:
i-What?

Still running cassettes & CD's. Pretty sure any of my 8-tracks & vinyl are long gone though.

"Frampton Comes Alive!" at the moment.

Wouldn't go far with the young ladies, without Frampton & Boston in your collection back then.

Not a one of those iTunes songs has ever played in the Turbo Regal, unless it was transferred to CD.

I upgraded the cassette (long ago and well before I owned the car the original unit was replaced by a Pioneer Super Tuner) with an exact duplicate, equalizer having, early 90's Cadillac CD player. The car still has the original crappy and blow'd out speakers, but it sounds just fine to me, open test pipe and all......

The system fits the car like a real, real pair of Converse "Chuck Taylor's", if you know what I mean.....

As if I even listen to the radio when I'm driving my ever loving piece of............ machinery ........... but the music is there......somewhere........:D:eek::D

Sorry about the download speed , but it's safe, I promise.

Attachments

• P4030203.zip
    19.5 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Have this one staged for Christmas.

JC.jpg

I never turn on the radio or music , I just love to listen to the spool !!

...As if I even listen to the radio when I'm driving my ever loving piece of............ machinery ........... but the music is there......somewhere........:D:eek::D

Sorry about the download speed , but it's safe, I promise.

You have the "T" that I was looking for.

I wanted white with either blue, gray, or beige interior.

The few times that I've turned on the radio, caused a few seconds of anxiety, as I try to figure out what the new noise is from the antennae going up.

I never turn on the radio or music , I just love to listen to the spool !!

Me:

WHAT!!!!???????? Did you say something? (insert passenger name here) .......

Passenger:

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, HOLEEE SHEEEEYAAHHTT... WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! ..... WTF IS IN THIS THING?????????????????????

You have the "T" that I was looking for.

I wanted white with either blue, gray, or beige interior.

The few times that I've turned on the radio, caused a few seconds of anxiety, as I try to figure out what the new noise is from the antennae going up.

Ha, Ha!

Bench seat, column shift, crank windowl, mast antenna, low, low, VERY low optioned car..... WTF is "the new noise is from the antennae going up."

HAHAHA..... Merry Christmas, Ya filthy animal......!;):D:D:D:D:D;)

Last edited:
The motorized antennae still works. I hear that is rare. Turn on the radio & brrrrmmmm... up goes the antennae. Freaks me out. The speakers are all dried up & crackle. I usually just listen to the car.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

The motorized antennae still works. I hear that is rare. Turn on the radio & brrrrmmmm... up goes the antennae. Freaks me out. The speakers are all dried up & crackle. I usually just listen to the car.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

And the same to you and yours !!!!

"The speakers are all dried up & crackle.".........

Wait, let me get this straight, that's not how they are supposed to sound?????? :oops::cautious::cautious::LOL:

Summer of 2000, just got my 86 SS and was cruising. A black GN pulled up next to me, i floored it and he took off like lightning. I was hooked since then. Fast forward to 2013 got my first GN. I had Bison do my engine and transmission. Got my body work finished. Only got to enjoy it a few weeks before I put it way

In 1985 I started working for GM. Cut my teeth and raised 2 daughters wrenching on some of the worst cars the general ever turned out. But could never say a bad word about the TR's, not because they were perfect, or a pleasure to work on, but because of my fondness of the car and what it stood for. Never could afford one though..those daughters again...oh yes and a mortgage.....In 2001 I bought a Ford Lightning and it wasnt long after I knew what I had to do. I asked my wife if I could buy a GN--I knew of an original owner 87 car that was coming up for sale. She agreed, and soon enough it was in the garage. I always wanted one and dont think I will ever grow tired of driving it. It still ignites the senses in a way no other car ever has. Spent north of 15k at last count on fun shiny stuff for it. For some reason it gets her kinda pissed....The Very Best to you all over the holidays and 2018.