What is a used GNX engine, transmission, ECM, wiring harness worth?

3.8 TURBO LUV

There is a guy close to me that has a used GNX drivetrain up for sale. He is asking $4k for it all. Engine does run. What do you guys think? Is it worth it?
Mike.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok thanks. I kinda thought it was too much money.
Everyone keep your opinions coming about this. I hate to lose out on this offer for anyone on here who may want or need it.

Ok thanks. I kinda thought it was too much money.
Everyone keep your opinions coming about this. I hate to lose out on this offer for anyone on here who may want or need it.

I disagree. If the engine is complete with the correct intercooler and turbo it's worth a lot more than the asking price.

There was a matching 109 Engine and Transmission on ebay a few weeks back that was offered as a buy it now for $2500.

Now the question is, is it a GNX engine, or are you confused with GN and GNX?

The GNX had a custom turbo with ceramic impeller and special heat shield and the intercooler had a denser, more efficient core with a GNX label on top of it. Rare pieces.

I know about the turbo being different. Thanks for the info. To the right person these little special thing what be important. Which brings up the prices. Thank you.

get vin # off engine, check turbo. If the car is still out there that engine is most likley worth north of 10k to that guy .. the rest of up woud sell the turbo and slap the rest in anything that rolls and drive off into the sunset with a larger turbo intalled.

Worth what ever someone is willing to pay.

If it's a real GNX drive train I wonder where the rest of the car is?

Rick

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397224757.156646.jpg

4k seems like a steel if it is real and all there.

Last edited:
Where is it located? It would be worth the time checking it out if you are close to it.

Last edited:
There is a guy close to me that has a used GNX drivetrain up for sale. He is asking $4k for it all. Engine does run. What do you guys think? Is it worth it?
Mike.

If you can verify that it really is from a GNX I'd say grab it quickly! :eek:

If it doesn't come with the car (GNX) how is it worth more money then a GN drive train? Because the turbo has a "ceramic" wheel? Who cares, it's old technology! I apologize if I sound condescending but one must be realistic. I have my stock motor and my stock tranny (BRF) I'll take 4k for them any day! ANY DAY..... I'll even hand deliver them. I just took them out and they're both sitting in a trailer. Probably have to pay someone to take the tranny and the motor I'm going to rebuild it because it's worth nothing as it sits right now. But if someone out there wants to give me 4k for them I'll be more then happy to take your money. God knows I need it... I'm so poor I can't pay attention.... Used to be able to get a brand new short block thru GM for $1,500.

It's worth the most to the Gnx it belongs to, if the car is gone then it's really a Gn motor. And Trans with a Gnx turbo and Intercooler

The turbo alone 1500-2500
Intercooler 500
The motor and Trans 1500-2000
4k ?
Turbo shield cover 500
Prob not a bad deal
But to the owner of the Gnx it's worth more . But chances are there's a reason why the motor. Was taken out.

If it doesn't come with the car (GNX) how is it worth more money then a GN drive train? Because the turbo has a "ceramic" wheel? Who cares, it's old technology! I apologize if I sound condescending but one must be realistic.
Its worth whatever someone will pay for it just like anything else that's how. I'll take every one of your NOS shortblocks off your hands for $2500 each. How's that for being realistic? You obviously have no concept of the value of certain items. A gnx turbo with the ceramic wheel is probably worth more than your GN drivetrain.