What is done to modify a ECM ?

Low impedance injectors WILL work under some circumstances for a time. The drivers will eventually burn up. The last time I looked for an injector driver (or impedance matching) box, I found the AEM @ $400. That's when I started looking and found the National Semi. So if you have the bent, I believe you can make a box for, say $10 per inlector, or if not buy a premade one...or modify the ECM for P&H drivers. Although there are some variatins in ratings, typically a 55PPH injector is low impedance.

jn

Took my ECM out today to install the PL. Low and behold, it appears that it HAS been modified. That is a relief to me, as I was worried about my injectors being Low Z types, and just how long my ECM was going to last. At least I now know I am good to go.

Thanks all for the help and replies...

Mike

Attachments

• ECM PCB.JPG
    ECM PCB.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 872
You may very well want to check your ECM, as mine was not marked in any way. I thought I had to be modified, with the 55# injectors, but there is no gaurantee until you open it up. I do not think that it cold be not noticed with a moderate inspection.

I have modified MANY circuit boards and replaced MANY componants on boards, and this would be difficult to be hidden.

Good luck...

Mike

thats a Red Armstrong modded ECM. He didn't label his modded ECMs, thus the confusion.

That makes TOTAL sense...

The guy that built my car some 8 years ago, used a lot of Reds stuff in it.

Thanks for the input Bob...

Mike

60 lb injectors and alky have taken a 109 buick motor full weight to 138+ mph in the 1/4

My 75lb injectors would run 60% DC at 132 MPH. with alky single walbro 340

HTH

new to turbo buick dot com hello to all members

i have owned my 87 T for about 10 years I have one of five GM methanol test cars