What is more dangerous a Bow& Arrow or a Loaded Gun??

Dreamn4GN

This guys on fb was making a speech on how unsafe bow and arrows are, Saying that guns are way safer, with their trigger locks, mag locks and etc. I would love to hear what some of you guys hafta say on this bc I feel that the owner/operator makes it a safe weapon or a deadley weapon.. Guy was saying a gun is less likely to explode , thena bow being pulled back with all this pressure . This guys doesnt even hunt or fish, let alone ever shot a gun. But he does have his own opinion. I wish I could go tell em to go F himself, but Im holding on for that.

I would tell him .. A moron with a keyboard is more dangerous then the gun or the bow .. Common sense would tell you they are both deadly weapons in the wrong hands ..

Just about anything can be unsafe (cars, guns, etc.), but in most cases it's because of poor judgement by the person using it.

For example, this guy was a highly trained Navy SEAL and he accidentally shot himself with a pistol.
Navy SEAL Dies After Accidentally Shooting Himself | Fox News

I think it is a safe bet to say that Alcohol was a major factor in his death and we all know that the first thing Alcohol effects is your judgement.

Yeah I told em thanks for supporting guns and all but dont say ones more dangerous then the other. Its all about the owner operator. Kid has never shot a gun or a bow. but yet he can make assumtions and whatnot.. he has his own opinion, but it just chapped my arse when this jabrone said that..

Kinda hard to shoot yourself with a bow. The main point about a bow is that a young kid can't pull the string back. My bow is set at 65 pounds of draw weight. An arrow will not travel as far or through as much as a bullet. I can't see where a bow is as dangerous as a gun.

It all boils down to how secure you keep your weapons. Guns don't kill people! If you think they do then you could say forks made Oprah fat. It is the operator.

Point a bow with a drawn arrow at someone and you can bet your @$$ it is at least JUST as dangerous as a gun, but not more....Agree with above, all about the person using it. Whoever posted that obviously doesn't know what the heck they are talking about.

Well his argument was. Leave both gun and bow on a table, with no ammo or arrows Whats more dangerous.. he claimed that with a bow having so much pressure on the limbs and string, thats why its more dangerous. Which he has a point, bc any bow or gun that isnt taken care of It most dangerous of all.

Well his argument was. Leave both gun and bow on a table, with no ammo or arrows Whats more dangerous.. he claimed that with a bow having so much pressure on the limbs and string, thats why its more dangerous. Which he has a point, bc any bow or gun that isnt taken care of It most dangerous of all.

Then he's obviously referring to a "crossbow" as you can't just leave pressure on a "bow". SO, his point is mute, because he don't know squat.

I can tell you that I don't leave my bow, or my crossbow 'loaded'. But there's a dozen loaded guns at hand, and everybody big enough to handle em knows how to, and which ones they can handle,where they are, and when not to. Which is pretty much anytime we aren't out back on the range with them...;)

A loaded gun isn't dangerous to an 'occupant'. Idiots who don't know what one is, are dangerous. And idiots who don't know there's one on the other side of the door can find out...
On the other hand, an idiot who'd leave a crossbow cocked, is as dangerous as what he's leaving set around...

I would have responded: "You know........some people just talk to hear them selves speak. Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you are saying."

Hes just one of the many of thousands of un educated people out their.. but atleast the guy wasnt bashing both gun and bow. Ya know Atleast he supposrts the right to bear arms. But Ijust feel he was way off context, Maybe he just wanted someone to talk to who knows.. BUt the kid hasnt peeped a word after I reemed him out for the last time.

I agree with most of everything said. But i did see a show where an arrow went farther thru a stack of sandbags than a bullet. Of course i know there are bullets bigger and faster but it was mostly pistol size ammo. And i own both a bow and handgun so neener neener neener. ;)