what maf to run

Hey earl Brown I've had the car runing-ing (fuck your sarcasm bitch)
All I asked was some questions and you jumped quick to try and talk down to What I was asking ......
And turbo89 should stop sucking your clit lips.

I went back and re-read my replies to this post that you jacked......

I stand by every bit of 'sarcasm' AKA experience.

turbo89's advice also paralleled common knowledge that could have found found with a simple search as well.

Congrats on making a car run, bitch. Nobody else here has achieved such a feat. o_O

Good luck with your car. I'm sure there's still plenty of people willing to help such a fine newbie such as yourself.

This is a tech forum BTW not a 'confirmation bias' section.

Getting back to the original post....I use a 3.5" LS1 MAF 3 wire MAF. I got it used from a junk yard. Cheap and works great.

All I asked was some questions and you jumped quick to try and talk down to What I was asking ......
And turbo89 should stop sucking your clit lips.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Okey okey okey ... I have a brand new in the box CARDONE Maf ... runs EXCELLENT ... its yours for $80 bucks
I'm told the Cardones are worth at least 20 hp over the stock MAFS and the idle quality is superior .. "Give it a whirl"

You might as well leave this board!!And good luck to you on your newby tuning skills.Sell it and go buy you a Ricer!!

Pump yer brakes bro!!! It was clear from the beginning that you should only run a DELCO MAF...

If you took your car to someone that didn't hook it up to a scan tool, they are doing it wrong. These cars aren't SBC, it takes far more work to see the health of your engine. However, they are far more rewarding too when you have it running good. I would suggest going to the site vortexbuicks read every page then use the search button here.

The guys on this forum have seen it all and we have a small community of folks. Don't get so mad about nothing man...lots of these guys have had these cars for 15+ years...they know what does and doesn't work. Hell I've had 2 different GN's since 2000 and I still don't completely get it sometimes.

I know what you are saying, but I meant ac delco verses granatelli or jet

I know for a fact that a SLP MAF is just a stock MAF re-calibrated. I bought one for my 2002 Z-28. After a while the sticker fell off from the heat in the engine bay. It said Delco underneath it. I would venture to say that other manufacturer's like Granatelli do the same thing.

To clear up a few things concerning Cardone rebuilt stock mass air flow sensors.....

First, our company is one of just a handful of mail order companies that can buy direct from Cardone just like the big boys.
Second if you go to any auto store don;t matter which and they show a listing for a rebuiult one for your 1986-1987 Turbo Regal and their source is Cardone....it will NOT I REPEAT NOT BE original. It will even have a note inside the box saying unit may not look original. Because inthe cardone world of cores, original cores for a limited production car such as ours and now 25 plus years later is tough to get.

So, what Cardone does (you can't fault them) as they cater to replacement parts not original parts per say is they modify a similar mass air flow sensor from I believe a 6 cylinder Camaro and then rivet the two pedistals on it so you can bolt it back on your car like the original. It may work ok and it may not.

However, since we deal with original GM Ac Delco correct 1986-1987 mass air flow sensors and deal direct with Cardone we can get originals redone and our originals back. I am not implying you cna't take you original to auto zone and cross your fingers that you get yours back but mine go direct to Cardone in Philadelphia and come back.

So, basically we are the only game in town if you are seeking a rebuilt original GM AC Delco correct mass air flow sensor or dealing with a vendor who buys from us.

We have plenty of original mass air flow sensor cores in stock and can get them turned around in 5-6 days time.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Richard Clark has tested Cardone units and they are fine meaning when they redo the original ones not a modified Camaro one. Again not knokcing upgraded parts merely pointing out if you want to retain an original part we are prhaps the only answer in this case.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

NOT sure what you are trying to say Dennis ... I can get original AC DELCO rebuilt Cores but .. they have a different calibration and most IDLE and behave totally different than a stock MAF.
You literally have to go though mafs until you find one that may run right. Some of them trip the check engine.. some don't .. very very few run anything close to stock.

Are you saying every REBUILT Maf you have will run 100% like stock ?

I still favor the LT1 / LS1 Mafs with a translator ... idle quality is spot on