You can type here any text you want

What parts am I missing? {aggravated}

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

davidf

Ok heres the deal. I'm installing a GN1 SLIC. Apparently it uses the stock mounting hardware which I dont have all of since my car came with a different IC.:frown: I bought the pass side metal bracket from Coach which I needed. I have the driver side bracket so I'm good there. There must be more needed for the pass. side since I have no idea where this bracket bolts to. Is there a breakdown I can look at to see what I need for the passenger side? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Stock pass side bracket is all you need on that side, has to be notched as the bottom bolt is not used since the tank is in the way.

Got a pic for a reference. I can't tell where the bracket bolts to the frame. I've turned it every which way and still feel like an idiot. I've about scratched a hole in my head.:redface:

It doesn't bolt to the frame. It's attached to the engine. Front cover, lowest stud on the passenger side. It slides onto that stud, and held on with an added nut.

NOTHING bolts to the frame! One hole by itself bolts to the timing cover, should be a stud there. Two holes that are together bolt to the bosses on the side of the intercooler. Then the remaining hole, that is that area needs to be trimmed away due to the tank being in the way.

I got it figured out thanks to you guys. It was the trimming of the bracket that threw me for a loop. Sometimes I can't see the forest for those damn tree's.:redface: Again, thanks for you input.

Back