What Tires???

dvernst

What tires are you guys running? I have M.T. Drag Radials, and they are very inconsistent at the track. If I try to launch at more than 1-2 psi they spin. I've had the pressure any where from 13psi to 28. Are E.t. Streets good enough, or should I get real slicks? I have an extra set of wheels, so I wont need them for the street. Thanks Dave

I have MT DR's and spin like a mutha'.

Yet others run the same tire and hook right up.

I think my home track doesn't do much track prep on mid week T-n-T nights.

Then there's there the chance I suck at launching the car too...:rolleyes:

Yeah everyone tells me how great the M.T. radials are, but i've never really had luck with them.

ET Drag Radials here 255/50-16 run at 15psi and have launched the car numerous times off the trans brake at 10-12 psi and have yet to spin them...best 1.53 60ft.

My best was with the drag radials too, but i'll get one good pass out of ten, and I have to launch just barely easing into it. Maybe it's the track I run at? I went up against a new Z06, and got a little excited, and ended up with like a 3 second 60' time..

My best was with the drag radials too, but i'll get one good pass out of ten, and I have to launch just barely easing into it. Maybe it's the track I run at? I went up against a new Z06, and got a little excited, and ended up with like a 3 second 60' time..

Give the ET streets a shot. I used to spin my BFG DR's but ever since I went to the ET streets I am WOT out of the hole.

Jason

What size do you use? 26 x ?, also do you have to run tubes with these? Thanks...

Nevermind on the size. Looks like 26 x 10.5...

I'll check this coming week. I'll be home. But I think they are 26x11.5x16. For sure 26 and 16. lol

Also, you are supposed to run tubes but I do not. No problems, They hold air for 6 months yada yada.

Jason

Your problem could be track prep but it could also be suspension related. I know a few of us have used LCA relocation brackets and other aftermarket parts - maybe they help!?!

I have never spun my M/T's on the TTA but I've never gotten a 1.53 60ft either...Nice Job!!!

I did try bolting my TTA wheels & M/T tires to my LT1 Z28 6 spd only to completely blow the tires away. I spun a 2.25 60 ft. Oops. Less throttle - more speed, lol.

Good point Eric. I'm running Metco LCAs with relocation brackets. And my car is lowered an inch. Stock struts, shocks, and springs.

I still spun my bfg DRS with less power though.

Jason

It's gotta be...

either me or the track prep on the night(s) I go there.... I have the LCA's and relocation brackets, and...and...a Spohn adjustable torque arm. I've tried 12PSI up through 25 PSI and I consistently get 2.1-2.2 60' times off the DR's.

I tried super heating them to going in with a quick clean off and still nothing...no change. I leave on maybe 4-5 pounds of boost and the car wrinkles up the DRs and digs in hard then about 10 feet out it breaks loose and spins forever,sometimes fish tailing.

I have never spun my M/T's on the TTA but I've never gotten a 1.53 60ft either...Nice Job!!!

Don't know why my car hooks so well...suspension is 21 year old 100% stock and all original...still has front sway bar installed too. Launch at 12 psi off the trans brake and it dead hooks ?

I have a set of TRZ dbl. adj. chrome moly tubular rear lowers to be installed and UMI subframe connectors and panhard bar coming very soon along with a Currie 9". Hope I don't lose my hook :eek:

I'll check this coming week. I'll be home. But I think they are 26x11.5x16. For sure 26 and 16. lol

Also, you are supposed to run tubes but I do not. No problems, They hold air for 6 months yada yada.

Jason

Make sure you let me know what size you have. M.T.'S web-site says the 26 x 10.5" are equivalent to the 255 50's. If I could fit 11.5's that would be evern better. Thanks.
Dave

Hey Vern, I saw you called the other day. I'll give you a call back this week. Anyways, I've been using M+H drag radials. I'd buy them again, in fact I may be doing so before too long as mine are about 3 years old now.

You have to learn to read the track and the tires you have. You also have to put the car after REAL cars that lay a decent amount of rubber down when the track doesnt prep.

I have had plenty of 1.5 60 foots on the MT DR's on the TTA. Its a function of torque converter, boost control, track prep, etc. And i've had 2.0+ 60 foots when I have gotten greedy.

My best was a 1.44 on a set of 26x10 slicks. Best on the DR's was a 1.48. Stock front suspension. 50/50 shocks in the rear on stock pieces.