You can type here any text you want

what to get first?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks scott I appreciate all the comments from you guys! Really helps keep me in check = if not for your alls wisdom I would run out and get a bigger turbo and injectors etc bolt them on and see what she's got lol.
I highly recommend a bigger turbo and injectors. What happened to that budget? After we straighten out your current issues and gather some data about your fuel system,we can decide which way to proceed.

So I can't use synthetic unless it's a blend? They have conventional vr1 but not in 5-30 or 10-30 it was like 20-50 or straight 50 weight at the parts store

Ha ha I'm still on a budget but I just bought bumper fillers and am getting ready to spend a good bit on gauges $250-300 that I wouldn't have if you guys hadn't put me on the right path I would have bought a turbo ( what do they cost $500-700 I'm assuming ??)

scanmaster is very important. tells you whats going on w ure car. its a dianostic tool that will aid in ure cars health. first thing i should have done. instaead replacing headgaskets was the first thing!if i had the scanmaster i would have saw i was having knock issues and would have been able to address them. next thing would be chip at the very least if money is tight and if not do chip and injector. but scan master is numero uno!!! i sold my gn and looking for a new one. i already purchased a scan master
DITTO!!!!

WVhillbilly said:
Ha ha I'm still on a budget but I just bought bumper fillers and am getting ready to spend a good bit on gauges $250-300 that I wouldn't have if you guys hadn't put me on the right path I would have bought a turbo ( what do they cost $500-700 I'm assuming ??)

I'd get a turbo last after you have everything else set up first. The stock ones will take you into the 12s

The other thing you will have to decide when the time is right is what parts to upgrade when looking for more power. Some parts make more than others. Some have side effects some can live with and some can't. Others are determined to get the car as fast as possible with as little as possible. Sometimes that can be risky business...

You could put this inside your car. The big blue digital numbers are much easier to read when your heart is beating fast.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/blue-digital-led-fuel-pressure-gauge.aspx
The digital glowshift IS easier to read, but you will not be able to hook it up to a powerlogger if you plan on getting one. However Glowshift's Elite 10 Color Gauge has a transducer that is 0-5 volts that you can tie into the PL to log your fuel pressure. I got that and the matching boost/ vacuum gauge, and along with the AEM wideband have all of them in G-body's 3 gauge A-pillar pod. I like it that way cause it's at eye level when driving, and with fp and boost next to each other it's easy to verify 1:1 ratio of boost and fp. And it's not much more $ then the digital one. Cheers!
Troy

Troy have you had the glow shift guages long? Haven't seen many reviews on them, bout 95% made up my mind to get autometer. Would like to hear from people who has them.

Troy have you had the glow shift guages long? Haven't seen many reviews on them, bout 95% made up my mind to get autometer. Would like to hear from people who has them.
I have had them since August of last year. They seem to be reliable and accurate testing them against my other gauges. The price difference between the autometer and some of the other "old school" gauges made up my mind, as I wanted to be able to log fuel pressure also. I looked into a gnx style dash but that is spendy also, so as I have a digital dash I decided that electronic gauges would be ok. You can pick between 10 colors for the gauges to light up on, unfortunately no of them matches the dash lights;)

I found a Stewart warner electric gauge for $90 but haven't done any research on it yet to see if any good. don't know if I'll ever have a power logger thinking just the old fashioned style gauge would look better in mine cause it doesn't have the digital dash.

I would highly recommend the powerlogger even if you don't log your fp. Just my. 02¢

I will probably get one sometime down the road ( ain't sure if I can operate one) don't have a sm yet. I'm guessing it records what your engine is doing the entire time instead of peaks like the sm ?

I will probably get one sometime down the road ( ain't sure if I can operate one) don't have a sm yet. I'm guessing it records what your engine is doing the entire time instead of peaks like the sm ?
You are correct:) It updates a lot faster then a sm does plus you can read everything in real time or save the log and review it moment by moment later, off of your laptop. You can post up your logs here and everyone (that has a pl) can review them also and makes life soo much easier on diagnosis. Y ou can monitor with the sm and gauges, but when you update the sm with the pl you have that much more data at your fingertips while driving. It will help speed up your "learning curve" immensly. You can't buy this many gauges and the info for what sm and pl cost.
If I had it to do over again, I would get the sm/pl, wideband w/o the gauge (because it's the 1st thing that sm monitors when upgraded), 80 # injectors with Turbo Tweak Alky chip (costs same as 60#, and gives you more headroom if you want to play with E-85), if you don't have to deal with emissions I'd go with TT speed density chip and dump the maf, along with the "usual" upgrades and spring cleaning. There's lots of ways to go broke in a hurry with these cars, so do your research and enjoy!
Troy

I found a Stewart warner electric gauge for $90 but haven't done any research on it yet to see if any good. don't know if I'll ever have a power logger thinking just the old fashioned style gauge would look better in mine cause it doesn't have the digital dash.
They used Stewart Warner gauges in the gnx

I wish there was e85 close I would be all over that for my setup! Read on here about guys running it and putting up high boost numbers with no alky. closest station is about 2 hrs away.I haven't heard of any emissions test here in WV as long as it looks half way decent they slap an inspection sticker on, if you get antique license plates you don't have to get the inspection.

Back