You can type here any text you want

what to get first?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
They used Stewart Warner gauges in the gnx

AEM also have electronic gauges for fuel pressure & they have a wideband O2 as well.
I decided on the "old school" analogue as they more closely matched my VDO gauges in my GNX dash.

Did not want all the red / blue LED lights lighting up like a christmas tree. It would make me feel like I was in the cockpit of an aircraft which would distract the hell outta me while driving at night.

The digital are definitely easier to read at a quick glance, but they're not for everyone (Me).

Attachments

• AEM Analog FP 0-100psi.jpg
    AEM Analog FP 0-100psi.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 72
  • AEM Analogue Wide Band.jpg
    AEM Analogue Wide Band.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 75
Been looking at vdo also, don't know about now but John Deere use to use them in all their equipment and they never had issues. seen them run 50 hrs a week for years without a hiccup

Been looking at vdo also, don't know about now but John Deere use to use them in all their equipment and they never had issues. seen them run 50 hrs a week for years without a hiccup

VDO gauges were used in all the old Porsches & VW's, in fact alot of the older european cars came with these as performance equipment...... I believe the gauges were originally made in Germany.

This is what it says. Under the vdo gauge im looking at wonder if i can use as fuel pressure, it says bar psi and oil on the face. Notes: U.S. / English kit. Includes VDO Ohm range (10-180 Ohms) 1/8-27NPT sender and 1/8-27NPT to 1/4", 3/8" & 1/2" adapter bushings. 12 Volts.

This is what it says. Under the vdo gauge im looking at wonder if i can use as fuel pressure, it says bar psi and oil on the face. Notes: U.S. / English kit. Includes VDO Ohm range (10-180 Ohms) 1/8-27NPT sender and 1/8-27NPT to 1/4", 3/8" & 1/2" adapter bushings. 12 Volts.
Basically you cant go wrong with vdo, autometer, stewart warner or aem

I like the Autometer Ultra Lite gauges personally, I ripped out all my vdo gauges.... I will NEVER buy VDO EVER again...

My oil pressure gauge (VDO) was off by almost 20psi, volt gauge (VDO) was off by 1.5 volts and coolant (VDO) was off by 10... Installed Autometer gauges using the same wiring I had put in for the VDO's and they were spot on...

Scott

Do not go,to synthetic . If you do you will need a rear main seal soon there after . Stick with conventional . Please add front brake lines to your things to do list .

Ok,tzque which lines? The rubber ones I'm guessing right? Scott that's the first complaint I've heard about vdo guess none are perfect eh?

Ok,tzque which lines? The rubber ones I'm guessing right? Scott that's the first complaint I've heard about vdo guess none are perfect eh?

They match the look of the of the factory interior nicely. Most people don't know any gauge is off until they get suspicious and verify/test.. I could understand a few psi here or there on oil pressure, but 20! C'mon!!!!!!!! Might as well just put in an okie dokie light.. Frikin VDO guage went to 0psi at idle when I first put it in with mobil 1 10w30. Thought car had issues but oil light never came on, always ran 20w50 amsoil. Then for some reason I suspected something was wrong so I used 2 different Mechanical oil pressure gauges, one was Snap On one Was Matco. Once I saw that I began checking all the other ones too. Never did check boost guage.. VDO = Never Again...

Gnx6 said:
They match the look of the of the factory interior nicely. Most people don't know any gauge is off until they get suspicious and verify/test.. I could understand a few psi here or there on oil pressure, but 20! C'mon!!!!!!!! Might as well just put in an okie dokie light.. Frikin VDO guage went to 0psi at idle when I first put it in with mobil 1 10w30. Thought car had issues but oil light never came on, always ran 20w50 amsoil. Then for some reason I suspected something was wrong so I used 2 different Mechanical oil pressure gauges, one was Snap On one Was Matco. Once I saw that I began checking all the other ones too. Never did check boost guage.. VDO = Never Again...

Hmmm. I'm wondering about mine now...

I did a Mechanical oil pressure gauge with braided lines all the way to the gauge. There is a ball type shut off valve inline near my washer bottle in case something ever goes wrong I won't have oil spewing into the car.. I see people using that cheapo plastic line for mechanical pressure guages and running near the exhaust (especially on Buick cause you have to grab it low on the front cover) , just makes me shake my head. Engine fire waiting to happen.

You are correct:) It updates a lot faster then a sm does plus you can read everything in real time or save the log and review it moment by moment later, off of your laptop. You can post up your logs here and everyone (that has a pl) can review them also and makes life soo much easier on diagnosis. Y ou can monitor with the sm and gauges, but when you update the sm with the pl you have that much more data at your fingertips while driving. It will help speed up your "learning curve" immensly. You can't buy this many gauges and the info for what sm and pl cost.
If I had it to do over again, I would get the sm/pl, wideband w/o the gauge (because it's the 1st thing that sm monitors when upgraded), 80 # injectors with Turbo Tweak Alky chip (costs same as 60#, and gives you more headroom if you want to play with E-85), if you don't have to deal with emissions I'd go with TT speed density chip and dump the maf, along with the "usual" upgrades and spring cleaning. There's lots of ways to go broke in a hurry with these cars, so do your research and enjoy!
Troy

Are you saying that the ScanMaster will also display wideband information?

I didn't know the SM would display WB info. I got some ordering to do tonight.
I want to make sure you understood what turbotroy said. In order for the Scanmaster to display wideband numbers,you'll also need the Powerlogger which will come with an upgraded chip for the Scanmaster. You'll want to compare the Scanmaster numbers to the wideband gauge.

Back