You can type here any text you want

what turbo for 109 stroker ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I would do the 70 and I would not advance the cam that much
Mike
Mike what do ya think install @ 114 intake center line? Comp says 116 on the cam card, but I think that's kinda late? The stroker assy I got from you went together real nice & hope to have it running real soon!

Advancing the cam is not going to change the C/L that was groung in it will always be 116. If you want to advance it to 114 it should not hurt but it is going to make a lot of cylinder pressure with the wide C/L and advancing it will make it worse until you get the exhaust to open to soon and then it will lose power.
Mike

I've heard a few of them have actually tried the 76GTQ 3-bolt turbo and haven't gone any faster than they did with the 70GTQ..

i ran a 70gtq on my set up and didn't pull off a 9 sec run, i ran 10.07 at 139 (with a avg 60ft of 1.59).. i turned around and put back on my 76gtq and pulled off 6 to 7 9 sec runs all around the 1.50 to 1.59 60ft's.. it was the turbo :smile:

i ran a 70gtq on my set up and didn't pull off a 9 sec run, i ran 10.07 at 139 (with a avg 60ft of 1.59).. i turned around and put back on my 76gtq and pulled off 6 to 7 9 sec runs all around the 1.50 to 1.59 60ft's.. it was the turbo :smile:

This is exactly what I thought...working at PTE for 3 years I think I would have a clue on what the turbos could do...I know for a fact that 76 compressor wheel makes TONS of power at somewhat lower boost (between 18-24 psi). I know that a stroker 109 setup (250 CI) will love a larger turbo. Hell the damn Supra guys with 3.0's run these size of turbos, why can't we? Like I said...I'm not going to be running TSM and this is going to be mostly a pump gas car. I want the baddest setup I can get away with on a mostly street driven car. Bigger turbo = lower boost = more horsepower = better with lower octane fuel/street setups. Not to mention the dual BB Garrett CHRA's are ridiculous in spoolup time now. Those things don't require high stall converters at all.

Be carefull for what you ask for. I run a 4.1 with a 4 bolt 70mm turbo and a 9 inch n/l on the street. I feel it spools rather fast for such a turbo. I have been high tens on 94 octane with a lazy 60 ft, no transbrake. Not then anyways. This was built for the street and feel that it's close to being too much for the street. Gets crazy fast, and there is too much to worry about. If your going to drive it on the street 98% of the time then stick to a 70 gtq.

Back