You can type here any text you want

what turbo for 109 stroker ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chasmat2316

I'm looking to upgrade from my currrent combo 231,ported GN-1's, Ft mount,fast b2b, turbonetics T70bb P-trim 3bolt 82a/r. I'm looking for ideas on what turbo to upgrade to? new combo will be a 109 stroker 9-1cr, 218-224 cam & all the stuff from old combo. This is a foot brake street car, stalled 3400 on 231. I wish I went with a q trim in the first place! What turbo are other people using on strokers?

I'll be using what's listed in my sig. My machine shop is taking their time in getting mine finished.:mad:

Go 4 bolt unless you are running a class requiring a 3 bolt. No less than a 76 BB GTQ. .69 ex a/r for the street .81 or more if you want to go up in stall or use N2O to spool. Keep the compression ratio at 9.0-9.5-1.

Go 4 bolt unless you are running a class requiring a 3 bolt. No less than a 76 BB GTQ. .69 ex a/r for the street .81 or more if you want to go up in stall or use N2O to spool. Keep the compression ratio at 9.0-9.5-1.

Wow a 76gtq that's kinda big for my poor girdled 109? would it be lazy on a foot brake? I would like 4 bolt, but have ATR 3 bolt headers. How much would I lose with a three bolt turbo? What about an adapter?

Stay with what U have.

U will absolutely see a difference, but is it safe to assume the cam going in is a roller? If not I would definitly spend a lil more now to make a lot more power and have the durability.

Yes it's a comp cams/ Kenny D roller 218-224@ 50 116 LSA cam card says install on 116 center line, but I'm thinking 112?

U will absolutely see a difference, but is it safe to assume the cam going in is a roller? If not I would definitly spend a lil more now to make a lot more power and have the durability.

Ya think so? I was thinking the 70 p-trim would be too small, also thought about sending it out to make it a q-trim?

Wow a 76gtq that's kinda big for my poor girdled 109? would it be lazy on a foot brake? I would like 4 bolt, but have ATR 3 bolt headers. How much would I lose with a three bolt turbo? What about an adapter?

That thing would run like a animal if you could get enough fuel in it. If you are not going to go beyond the intank and DP'rs then your limited safely to about 135mph. The 70 GTQ 3 bolt could get it done at 26-28psi. You have a lot of cam there and need to take it to 6500 to take maximize the potential. The 4 bolt setup would put you over 140mph if you could feed it:biggrin: .

However the 70 p-trim has gone in the mid 130's so its no joke with the right combo and would be a tire fryer if a BB. The one in my sig would have gone 130 mph and it spooled like crazy with a 3000 stall.

, The DP's will go when neede What's a good pump for a street car? The Weldons are too dam loud !

I'm in a toss up between a 70 GTQ BB and a 76 GTQ BB. I'm not going to be running in any TSM class but it's definitely going to be a strong motor and I want this thing to be SICK on the street. If the 76 can spool well I might go that route. The new dual BB Garrett/PTE turbos are sick as far as spoolup goes...my 67 BB I had spooled instantaneous on a 3200 stall with a stock bottom end combo. It's always better to run the largest turbo you can get away with for better efficiency (make high power without running tons of boost). I bet I could knock down 700 to the tires on about 23 psi of boost with that thing:D Remember now, stroker motors will be running right around 250 CI compared to 231 so that is quite a difference.

turbo

I've been real happy with my 67bb turbo. I've only got 2 runs on my setup with being thrown off the track for no bar in the car. The runs were at only 19psi @ 127.5 mph. I know it's a smaller turbo than yours but it's making mad power. I'm taking it to a private track rental in September where I can not be messed with and I think things should be very interesting around 27 or 28 psi!!

A 70 gtq is plenty theres not much more in the 76 gtq i have run both . I think theres alot more to it than turbo we ran 9.30s @3565 and the car coasted the second half not to say you will do the same just that a bigger turbo gave me almost nothing on a 235 and it spooled slower maybe a ball bearing would make up the difference but cost is considerable :eek: .

Plenty of TSM guys running in the high to mid 9's successfully with the 70GTQ on stock cube and stroked 109's... I've heard a few of them have actually tried the 76GTQ 3-bolt turbo and haven't gone any faster than they did with the 70GTQ.. Also, you state the car is a footbrake street car? The decision makes itself if you ask me:wink: :cool:

A 70 gtq is plenty theres not much more in the 76 gtq i have run both . I think theres alot more to it than turbo we ran 9.30s @3565 and the car coasted the second half not to say you will do the same just that a bigger turbo gave me almost nothing on a 235 and it spooled slower maybe a ball bearing would make up the difference but cost is considerable :eek: .

:smile: :D

Times in my sig. are also with a 70 ptrim and stock stroke
How fast do you want to go.?.?.?. :smile:

p.s. What's up Dan?? You coming up for PINKS all out in Sept??

Back