what will i expect

jimski

In over my head
87 gn stock,well it does have a chip with a happy face on it installed.
Looking to install a te44,hotwire,42lb/hr Injector/Chip Combo for Buick/TTA from turbo tweak(street 93 octane chip).accufab regulator.

What should i expect from just this little upgrade for now, horse power,1/4 mile times ect..

Basically now the car runs strong and good but i am sure it could do a little more without me having to fix it everyday.

with sticky mickeys and a good launch, you could likely get high 12's.
won't be able to run enough boost on straight 93 to see a huge difference between your stocker and the te44.

add alkycontrol and some seat time tuning... i'd say 11's wouldn't be terribly difficult.

edit: if it were me, i'd hold off on the 44 and get alky. stock turbo/converter and alky will be significantly faster/more fun than a 44 and straight 93.

87 gn stock,well it does have a chip with a happy face on it installed.
Looking to install a te44,hotwire,42lb/hr Injector/Chip Combo for Buick/TTA from turbo tweak(street 93 octane chip).accufab regulator.

What should i expect from just this little upgrade for now, horse power,1/4 mile times ect..

Basically now the car runs strong and good but i am sure it could do a little more without me having to fix it everyday.

With those mods, properly tuned and launched. It "might" go deep in the thirteens.

I'm not seeing it likely to be running in the twelves with that combo, even with good air and a sticky track.

Who ever said that it will run in the elevens, doesn't have a clue.

Sneak up on the tune and enjoy the process. Once your more comfortable with your tune, Twelves are just a alky kit away.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

With a decent tune I would say high 12's!! I agree with getting alky, but would also consider exhaust, 3" down pipe.

Get a scanmaster now and get the current setup baselined at the track with no KR before modding. The smiley face I'd guess could be a JayC chip- good chip, but not adjustable like a TT is.

look at my sig. basically the same set up. I haven't ran my car yet but messing around town I am thinking 13's on pump gas. 12's will need alky and 2X#'s of boost with a stock D5 and a soft launch.

with sticky mickeys and a good launch, you could likely get high 12's.
won't be able to run enough boost on straight 93 to see a huge difference between your stocker and the te44.

add alkycontrol and some seat time tuning... i'd say 11's wouldn't be terribly difficult.

edit: if it were me, i'd hold off on the 44 and get alky. stock turbo/converter and alky will be significantly faster/more fun than a 44 and straight 93.

The turbo blows some oil thou,thinking about replaceing it with a te44 or a ta49 with stock converter and just hold the original unit for a spare.

So u think 44 or 49 ?? anyone

Maybe not on street gas but mine went 11.95 @ 111 mph with a stock turbo, intercooler, injectors, and torque converter using race gas and 28x10.5 slicks. It took a lot of tuning and sorting things out (like getting the converter to lock up under wide open throttle) but it certainly is possible with the mods he mentioned.

With those mods, properly tuned and launched. It "might" go deep in the thirteens.

I'm not seeing it likely to be running in the twelves with that combo, even with good air and a sticky track.

Sneak up on the tune and enjoy the process. Once your more comfortable with your tune, Twelves are just a alky kit away.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

X2! Got the same stuff in my sig... minus the TE-44... and just did a best of 13.2 @ 101. Just bought an Alky kit and hoping to go mid twelves on 23#! BTW, the highest boost I could run with no KR on 93 was 17#.