what would be a dream piston for the 'average' build?

Thanks for the updates earl, sounds like a pretty good thing you have came up with.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Bump. Looks like I've got them at $450 for a set of 6 (pistons, pins and locks). That's 3.8 or 4.1 sizes. Price with rings will be a little different a 3.8L ring sizes are more expensive than 4.1L size.

I'll be ordering 3 sets in common (I hope) sizes, 3.805", 3.832", and 4.000" on Monday to test the waters here and outside of this site.
Im excited! I just decided to build a 4.1 and I now know where to go!

Ooops... forgot some peektures (which for me is kinda odd)...
Photo0942.jpg

4.000" bore 4.1's, low drag ring packs, custom CH, and hand finished.

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Those do look very nice, they look like they can take a bunch of thumping too.

I tried to follow the KISS rule. I do know they're better than hypers so that's something :)

May see sigs and builds in the future with your pistons being mentioned around or after christmas from the looks of it by those building or rebuilding engine combos.

That would be nice. It would help justify all the effort I went though so I could have some good cost effective slugs or my engine. After cracking two hypers in my 4.1 I wish these were already made to start with.

Now the problem is finding 4.1 blocks that are usable. No junkyard blocks around here at all.

Very nice pistons. Are these set up for Spiro Locks? Nice idea having a notch in the pin bore for retainer removal. I hate boogering up the pin bore when taking retainers out. Looks like holes in the oil ring grooves?

The notch is part of the standard print. With a wristpin part number change, I can have that groove setup for round snap rings instead of spiro-locks.