You can type here any text you want

What would cause a wrist pin to loosen??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Warp6

Mine since '92
Been trying to diagnose a skip. Thought it was electrical so I tried a few things there. Car would run great until fully up to temp, then it would just start skipping. Did a compression check..160 across the board except #3, 140lbs. Noticed plug was oil soaked too. (I never saw it smoking) I thought it was probably a bad ring. I yanked the engine yesterday and began the teardown. #3 didn't want to come out of the hole. Now I know why...the pin was bound up against the side of the cylinder which left a nasty gouge about an inch wide along the wall. It was built about 5 years ago. Std bore TRWs with stock pins, stock polished rods, TTA crank, RJC girdle. I thought I had a solid bottom-end....WRONG! What could have caused this?

I saw it once in an engine that was pinging alot... It didn't slide the pin sideways, but rotated the pin in the rod about 1/4 turn. It sounds like the small end of your connecting rod was resized a little too large and eventually, the pin worked it's way out. Sorry to hear. :(

Back