Whats with these T-Link ####'s

RI-Matt

Ken or anybody else,
Today I took my car out for a ride with TLink running. All went well no problems, get home and start reading the data back and notice a few frames where throttle was closed during deceleration and mph read @ 38, 33, 28 then 84, 124, 22 :eek:
Now there is no way I was going 124 so whats up with that?
If it matters, chip was a Thrasher 92, GNX style gauges (VDO). No codes or anything else seemed out of wack. What do you think?
Thanks in advance.
Matt

As long as none of the other data is out of whack, I'd venture to guess the VSS for your gauge cluster might be intermittently whacky. I've had a couple other folks report the same thing with the aftermarket VSS with the GNX gauges.

It doesn't seem to hurt anything, so I guess I'd tend to just watch it and make sure it doesn't get worse...

Unfortunately Ken I found some other wacky data. I found a few frames where the RPM's were reading 2100, 2200 then 3800, and 4300. No other changes in TPS, speed was actually slowing. If I could figure out how to send you the data I would and maybe you could figure it out.
Matt

Since you are seeing things happen under a specific scenario (just send the .ECM file to me as an attachment in the email... mailto:kenmosher@home.com), I suspect that something happens when the throttle is closed...

- motor torques over and pulls on grounds at the back of the head
- grounding strap from battery to block is weak
- laptop moves in the seat and puts pressure on the parallel port (wiggles it around...)

Lemme look at the data and we'll see if there's a pattern there...