What's your best 60ft with a stock turbo?

Well.... the track was not hooking at all. I am also not used to tuning the alky..... best pass was an 8.24 (1/8) @ 85 with a 1.96 60' I think. I tried to leave on 0-1 psi.... still spun. Probably got up to 20-22 # boost.... but it just wasn't pulling very good til it got in 3rd.. and the converter locked.... then she was pulling smooth. I know that 8.24 pass was an 8.0 or maybe even a 7.90 pass with a better 60'.... my 60' time was off by almost .2. I really am thinking I might have to buy tires soon....traction is becoming more of an issue :biggrin: . I know there is alot more there... but I just got to get it tuned properly. I am probably going to put a wideband in it before I go back to the track too. I just don't trust the narrow band.... not sure if the alky throws it off or not.... my best run was around 750 mV on the O2's.

friday night on stock turbo

motor 130K , new valvesprings and timing chain otherwise unopened since 87

4" cold air intake ,3" maf pipe ,translator 3" maf, 62mmtb, PTE 65plenum and PP, 50# MSDs
mease 3" DP , test no dump ,hooker 2 1/2 catback duals
200R4 Hipro 2800 10.5 protorque , stock rear with axles and elims
MT 255/60 16 radials
3650 race weight
alkycontrol and turbotweak (27*/26*/22*) running around 27# in third

off footbrake from just below stall at 2760 (no boost) then go

1.57, 4.79, 7.55, 88.5, 9.975, 12.044 ,108.28

Update on mine.... went back to the track with the mods in my sig..... went a 1.71 60' on a 5 lb launch..... still looking to go much lower on the 60' ..... anyone care to guess/tell how much 60' time difference there will be from 5# to say a 10# launch..... what about 12#? How much difference is there?

New times in sig also....

I'm getting quicker..... just not as fast as I would like.....

Gotta get that front swaybar removed and the fuel pump hotwired before I go back.....(ran too lean last night at the track)

I know this thread is old as hell but i went 1.58 with the stock turbo and 29.5in slicks, launching around 12psi on a well prepped strip. Only an air bag and boxed lowers on the car. With relocated uppers and shocks with a harder launch (15+psi) i think 1.50 could be had. Anyone run a trans brake with the stock turbo?

Blazer406 said:
Update on mine.... went back to the track with the mods in my sig..... went a 1.71 60' on a 5 lb launch..... still looking to go much lower on the 60' ..... anyone care to guess/tell how much 60' time difference there will be from 5# to say a 10# launch..... what about 12#? How much difference is there?

New times in sig also....

I'm getting quicker..... just not as fast as I would like.....

Gotta get that front swaybar removed and the fuel pump hotwired before I go back.....(ran too lean last night at the track)
At least .5 tenth per 5psi in my experiences from 1.70, with the stocker down to my best of 1.58. Differences would be a lot greater with more power and good traction. I expect 1.45 with a 70GTQ and a 10-12 psi launch with a 3600 stall this spring. If i could hook a 15-20 psi, i would think 1.38-1.40.

bison said:
I know this thread is old as hell but i went 1.58 with the stock turbo and 29.5in slicks, launching around 12psi on a well prepped strip. Only an air bag and boxed lowers on the car. With relocated uppers and shocks with a harder launch (15+psi) i think 1.50 could be had. Anyone run a trans brake with the stock turbo?

Yup, look at ed brewers signature, i believe his best is a 1.51 or a 1.50 on 26 inch tall tires. 116mph on the stock turbo and dutt neck stock ic. pump gas and julios meth kit.

BW

damn i feel pretty good about my stock times. best 60' i ever got was on the stock turbo. and as a matter of fact, EVERYTHING was stock. same week i bought it, 97k miles, stock suspension, motor, even on the stock (replacement) goodyear GT+4's. did a 1.78 60', and 13.7@94mph. and i mean everything was stock, 22 psi in the tires, think i left on 7-8psi. good track prep ;)
Gary

Bescurred.... what is your combo (including suspension) for those times? What boost did you leave at? What tires?