What's your best 60ft with a stock turbo?

new best for ed brewer friday night

new slicks got him a 1.56 sixty foot with the stock turbo and 009's:eek:

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
new best for ed brewer friday night
new slicks got him a 1.56 sixty foot with the stock turbo and 009's:eek:
Do you know the ET and mph? We need a new forum for stock turbos:) I know you have a good stock time also, but it's not in your sig now.

Originally posted by KEVINS
Yea, DETAILS, DETAILS..??
I agree we need a section for stock turbos. :)
Someone could eventually contact a mod about this, but some advantages of this concept are:
1. newbies could see the potential of a stock turbo without getting the upgraded gofastitus too soon, and start out with the basics of the cars.
2. Tips from other stock turbo maximizers for that group to utilize and improve their ETs. Important tips since there is a small window for improvements below 12.5, it seems.

Hope I didn't hijack the thread, but maybe should start another.

Other options are a list like on gnttype to list ETs, tips, and links. Someone good with web sites might be able to help out. At this point, I just have a one-pager web site:rolleyes: . There seems to be more people shooting for the stock turbo goal than I realized.

ED BREWER at DC TECH has gone 1.60 and maybe into the 1.59/1.58 with 26x9x15 and no hop bars and the stock turbo-

netting a 11.79 and 113MPH or maybe a little better than that this year at BG-

HTH

BW

well, we went to the BUICK VS. FORD shootout in noble oky...

ED got a few 1.56 sixty foots and a 1.539 or a 1.532 i cant remember.... anyway, he went 11.75 at 113.30 with 009's and a stock turbo....

he did buy some new hoosier slicks for it, the car hooks like mad and launches hard everytime:eek:

tim87tr-
man, so sorry for not seeing this post again till now, i didnt recieve a email message saying anyone posted on it
:confused:

anyway, my slow;) charcoal car has been 12.09 at 112 at 22psi with the stock turbo with a 1.76 sixty foot, stock injectors and intercooler, even a bone stock elbow not even ported-

post back and we can chat some more....

again, sorry for not seeing the posts

BW

Am I still in the running for best 60' with stock turbo and D5 converter and stock suspension w/airbags:D ? I just traded for a 2800 stall, but that's for my TE-60 for the GN.

Hey Bryan, what was your 1/8th mile with the 12.09 @ 112? I'm trying to pin down my predicted 1/4 time. The one outing at a quarter (Morocco), I had a 7.95 eighth/12.57 quarter. My eighth is a couple tenths better now:cool:

i just havent had the chance to take the car to the track, im sure the car has a few 11.7's in it with a 1.58 sixty foot with stock injectors, i just havent raced since BG-

in BG this year at 90° it went 7.71 at 90.50 with a 1.76 sixty foot, at 21 psi of boost, and 22 in 3rd netting the 12.09 at 112...

the car has stock uppers and lower rear control arms not boxed yet, no snubber, and is lowered 2 inches:D

i was really wanting to take my works car trailer to tow my car to NOBLE this past weekend, but i got F'D and they rented the trailer underneath me and the trailer was damaged enough to where i couldnt use it for the weekend....
thats why i didnt get to race this weekend in NOBLE OKLAHOMA...

i did find 20.00 on the ground in the pits :cool:

i feel that the cooler weather should have given me another MPH and a few tenths.... i just got to work on the 60's.......

Kevins,

I just wanted to say, nice job on the suspension write-ups! Do you have a write-up on a launching technique? I'm having trouble getting my DR's and slicks to hook. I know its my technique with the accelerator and footbrake.

Originally posted by tim87tr
Am I still in the running for best 60' with stock turbo and D5 converter and stock suspension w/airbags:D ? I just traded for a 2800 stall, but that's for my TE-60 for the GN.

Hey Bryan, what was your 1/8th mile with the 12.09 @ 112? I'm trying to pin down my predicted 1/4 time. The one outing at a quarter (Morocco), I had a 7.95 eighth/12.57 quarter. My eighth is a couple tenths better now:cool:
I don't know if your in the running or not with a 1.69.. You better get that below a 1.65 b4 I would consider that "in the running"
:D
I'm still looking for that 1.5x and since it's suppose to rain this weekend it may have to wait 'till next year.:(

Originally posted by Chuck
Kevins,

I just wanted to say, nice job on the suspension write-ups! Do you have a write-up on a launching technique? I'm having trouble getting my DR's and slicks to hook. I know its my technique with the accelerator and footbrake.
I don't have a write up on my technique but I have explained it on previous threads all which is in the archives in this section.. No secret just push the brake pedal down until it hits the "stop" then KEEEEPPPP pushing for another 1" or 2".. I don't leave until the boost gage reads 15+..

ks:cool:

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
ED got a few 1.56 sixty foots and a 1.539 or a 1.532 i cant remember.... anyway, he went 11.75 at 113.30 with 009's and a stock turbo....
What's the rest of his combo? I'm assuming this is NOT with the stock intercooler?

Great 60', either way.

Originally posted by QuickWrench
Quick6'n'-K.C. said:

What's the rest of his combo? I'm assuming this is NOT with the stock intercooler?

Great 60', either way.

Here is EDs complete combo- it has a stock intercooler with dutt neck, not a stretch intercooler, and no alky or nos...

stock 131K long block, heads never off, stock original head gaskets...
new timing chain and i believe kirban springs

postons stock replacement headers,THDP,hooker cat back exhaust not dumped,009's,JOE LUBRANT race chip,hemco stock appearing upper,stock t-body,port matched lower intake to the stock heads,hard maf pipe, kirban stock MAF replacement,art carr rebuilt trans with orange crush or red stripe convertor, i believe its the orange crush...

ED at DC TECH http://www.dctech-inc.com/ has the Long Neck
Cool Air Intake System,DC Tech Buick Intercooler Scoop,Power Cone for the air filter....

EDs car has been running low 12s for a few years, and im not saying that the last 3 items are what pushed the car into the 11.75s, but i guess every little bit makes that difference right?

as for suspension, it has no front sway bar, Helwig 1 inch rear sway bar, stock upper and lower boxed control arms , and the pinion angle just happens to be -3°,no air bags...
brand new hoosier 26x10 slicks
it has lakewood LAK-21610 no hop bars they look like these, just different part number... ED also makes a special bushing for these to work better in the upper control arms...

http://store.summitracing.com/defau...ype=bykeyword&searchtype=both&part=no+hop+bar

i dont see ED posting here very often, he just moved to a new house and is pretty busy getting settled in-

one last thing, his car is full weight, working AC, and the bumpers are not cut down to save weight, its a show car and drive to the track and race... i think it weighs 3400 without him

if you want to see 2 small articles about ED, get out your GS x-tra
may/june 2003 issue number 5, PAGE-4 shows ED shaking RICHARD LASSETERS hand, and a small pic of EDs car on the right...
ED also wrote a letter to the GSX-TRA and its on page 13 and runs to the top of page 15....
the title of the article is T-R SHOW/RACE WINNER

im sure ED will squeeze out a few more ponies with the car in the next year, i hope to see it into the 11.6's soon:eek:

one last thing, he was leaving off the stage right trans brake at 15-18psi of boost:D

BW

ED called me the other night and informed me his best 60' was the 1.532:eek:

time for the new posi, and might get some upgraded axles as well...

BW

Thanks for teh update and tell Ed thanks for the info and wish him good luck! Does he have a website where we can see the car?

I've got one for you guys...All stock car, 20 PSI (of boost and in the tires), leaking DS header, and 16" AR wheels, with 245/50 pacemark rubber (not even close to Drag Radials, they aren't even sticky), and some Comp. Engineering traction bars (came on the car)

I've gone 1.97 60'...that was on my 13.07 run in my sig.

KEVINS-

i dont think ED has a webpage,... but i do know his car was in the car show this year at BG, im sure there are a few pics of his car on the net...

its truely amazing how fast he has been able to push the stock turbo into the consistant 12.0s all day long, and with a awesome hook getting it into the 11.7s....

we keep trying to get him to upgrade to a TA-49, but ED is doing so fine with the stocker, why bother right???

ED has set the pace here in KC for the stock turbo, so everyone who brings their car here to my house to get worked on must be running low 12s before a turbo upgrade.

i tell the guys, spend the money on tires, brakes, and suspension before getting the go fast items...

CONGRATS FAST EDDIE BREWER

ED has set the pace here in KC for the stock turbo, so everyone who brings their car here to my house to get worked on must be running low 12s before a turbo upgrade.
i tell the guys, spend the money on tires, brakes, and suspension before getting the go fast items...

CONGRATS FAST EDDIE BREWER

I agree! To get these cars to run this low you have to be willing to beat on it hard. I would LOVE to put a Tbrake in mine for that xtra abuse on the starting line but I would have to see how much more it would cost along with the HD tranny parts.. I also think about a jumper valve but right now I can get 17psi just by foot braking it which "should" get me there. A buddy of mine has also gone 1.53's with stock turbo, stock IC, stock inj's but with a 20psi foot brake launch. He can also foot brake his to 17psi like me but when the green flashes he mashes the throttle before letting off the gas and watches the gage spike to 20 b4 he lets off the brake. It all happens in a flash. His car is ALL friggen twisted on the starting line while building that much boost. The Driver Side shock is pretty much topped out just sitting there.. SICK!

EDs car doesnt really have alot of suspension MODS done to it.
just stock boxed upper and lowers, marginally larger rear sway bar, and the no hop bars to lift the car up. thats less than 250.00 for all those components :)

when my silver limited had a te44 and stock D5 convertor, i used the parking brake and built 15psi boost launches to get 1.58 and 1.59 sixty foots... the ONLY mods on the suspension to that car is air bags and a home made snubber...28x10.5 et drags...
that car would get 1.90 sixty foots on 255/60/15 BFG radial TA's and the uppers and lowers were not boxed:)

im sure someone will be able to get low low 1.60s with stock suspension... Then again, ED has only had these slicks on the car for maybe 1 month and 2 trips to the track....
1.532 sixty foot:eek: maybe if the sun is right, it will get a 1.50 soon:D

BW