You can type here any text you want

When are RPM's considered high

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
I'm blowing through my PTC converter and hitting 5900-6100rpm's I want to run the car in Bowling Green. I know this is hurting my track times but I'm still fast enough to run the class. The motor is pretty much loaded except for the stock crank and rods. The rest is top quality aftermarket parts. Fuel shouldn't be an issue. Dual nozzle and 80lbs injectors and a new Reds intank pump. Ran out of time to finish the sump tank.

We need more info here. Which PTC converter the 9.5 ,what are the spec's on it 16,18 or 17 blade? What size turbo and how much slip.

If this is a 9.5" then I'd say the converter isn't filling. If it's not a 9.5" I'd get one asap. I wouldn't want to be at 6000 rpm on those parts.

Its a 10" Turbo is a 6776 ball bearing. I need the 9.5 now. Im putting the car back together now for Bowling Green. I can hit it from 60mph and the rpm's run up to 6000. I think someone figured it for me. Seems like 18% slip. That's from memory. I agree with Bison. Im going to be watching from the stands.

Sounds like you have a 3200 stall 10". Those are too loose for 10 second power when shifting under 6000rpm. Build time for a 9.5 is currently 4-5 business days.

Back