When converting a regular Regal....

I converted my 200c tranny in one car to the 2004r and went ahead and change it, and the throttle pedal cable.

They were different lenghts.

My helpers were Pops and my nephew Jordan.

BW

Attachments

• 100_1272 (Small).jpg
    100_1272 (Small).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 473
I worked on fuel lines today. I used a compression fitting on the return line and used the front piece of the main feed line. I am putting the fuel filter in the stock location, but I am going to use the back half of the NA fuel line.

I found there is a big difference in length on the 200C and 200R4 detent cables. I also swapped out the throttle cables today.

Here is a pic of the compression fitting I used on the return line. I opted to make the fitting on the driver's side to avoid any potential conflict with a 3" downpipe.

Attachments

• dave 079.jpg
    dave 079.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 509
fuel lines

Check out where I made the cut on the NA fuel line on the first pic. The fitting on the right is the front piece of the stock turbo fuel line, which I re-used. All of this is in front of the driver's rear wheel.

The second pic is the fuel filter and an o-ringed piece that I will use to connect to the stock NA fuel line. I may have to use a piece of rubber fuel injection hose if I can't make the right bend.

Attachments

• dave 081.jpg
    dave 081.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 503
  • dave 080.jpg
    dave 080.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 510
I used a formed rubber fuel line to make my connection.

Attachments

• dave 083.jpg
    dave 083.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 479
Flexplate Question

Is there a difference between a turbo and NA flexplate? Are the flexplates the same for a 109 block?

There shouldnt be any difference between the 109 turbo motor flexplate and a standard 109 NA flexplate.

BW

FYI to my BUHOGGIN' Buds

I found my TR flexplate and it doesn't look different, but is different.

#1 the TR flexplate weighs LIGHTER than the NA flexplate.

#2 the NA flexplate has more mass on one side. While the TR flexplate mass is more distributed.

Wow, that would not have been good to run a NA flexplate on a TR. Its all due to the different cranks. Word to the wise, if you are using an NA crank, get the flexplate and harmonic balancer too!

Motor is in!

Big progress yesterday. Dropped in the motor w/o tranny due to my flexplate debocle, but the tranny will go in today.

Attachments

• dave 085.jpg
    dave 085.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 482
  • dave 084.jpg
    dave 084.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 476
FYI the NA harmonic balancer will not have the interupter ring on it for the crank trigger.

What exact differences were there in the 2 flywheels?

BW

I guess now it's a real Turbo Regal:biggrin:

What are you going to do with the aluminum A/C bracket now that you have no A/C?

I guess now it's a real Turbo Regal:biggrin:

What are you going to do with the aluminum A/C bracket now that you have no A/C?

For now I'm going to reuse the aluminum A/C bracket as my belt tensioner and alternator mounts to it.

Also the UPS man dropped off my exhaust. I bought the Hooker 2.5" mandrel bent setup with Hooker turbo mufflers. I was happy to see the system came with a test pipe. :D

FYI the NA harmonic balancer will not have the interupter ring on it for the crank trigger.

What exact differences were there in the 2 flywheels?

BW

Physically the two look identical, but the mass and distribution is very different. I don't have a scale to weight them, but it is noticable when you pick them up.

Here's my most recent pic from yesterday morning. I'm a little further now than in the pic. Wire harness and tranny installed. Just waiting on my turbo and scanmaster and then I install the starter, crossover pipe, vacuum lines, and heater hoses.:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_4613.jpg
    IMG_4613.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_4612.jpg
    IMG_4612.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 442
Dave,are you going to use power steering with this current build?Shoot me a line before you light it up..
ChowN@,Don

Dave,are you going to use power steering with this current build?Shoot me a line before you light it up..
ChowN@,Don

I'm going to stick with the manual box for the moment. My rear springs are very bad and I think if I change out the rear springs and push the center of gravity forward it will make the manual gear box easier to steer. Just a theory, but if it does not work out, I have the option to go back to power steering.

Don, I'll give you a yell when I'm ready to fire it up. I may want to bring the car down to Pittsburgh as I've been a lone wolf in Clarion. It would be nice to have another set of eyes to help out.

spring replacement

I replaced the rear springs. Here's before/after.

Attachments

• dave 113.jpg
    dave 113.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 416
  • dave 114.jpg
    dave 114.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 405