When will E85 be Available Everywhere?

How many of you have contacted your local / largest fuel suppliers to demand E-85 ..???
Not one single citizen,in the USA,cried out for someone to provide them with a fuel that contained 15% gasoline and 85% ethanol. Ethanol is very expensive to produce and is very inefficient ie bad gas mileage. E85 is being forced on us by politicians who side with the climate change people under the guise of saving the planet. If E85 was so great (cheap to produce and very efficient),people would be fighting each other to get it to market where the consumers would naturally gobble it up. This is not the case because it is expensive to make and gets horrible gas mileage.
If they don't hear from the market demand E-85 will go the way of the last hi octane at the pump any of us remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again,there was never a demand for it and there never will be because of the reasons I've given. High octane didn't go away because people didn't want it anymore. It went away because of politicians for the same reason they are forcing E85 on us. Actually,leaded fuel was taken away from us to save us. E 85 is being given/forced on us to save the planet which also saves us. Aren't we blessed to have politicians who can save a whole planet.
Politics, market demand & profits drive this......
There is no demand and no profits to be made. Because of this,the politicians forceably remove money from us as taxes. Then they send it to companies to help/subsidize the cost of E85. This gives them an equal playing field buy propping up an industry that couldn't compete in an open market. Instead of a company creating wealth and creating jobs by supplying a better and cheaper product,wealth is taken from us and therefore directly out of the economy. This is how governments pick and chose winners and losers. It's all artificial and political.
Today about 1 percent of the vehicles on the road are powered by E85. How much more wealth will they have to take from us to get that up to 2% or 10% or 30%. It is only political.

Here in upstate NY ( Rochester / Buffalo area ) , E85 is only 10 cents cheaper than regular , which is not much of an incentive to even try it in a flex fuel vehicle with its reduced fuel economy . E85 isn't everywhere in Upstate NY , I just happen to have 3 stations within 10 miles that I go past in any direction I cruise . If they were on the other side of town , I don't know if I would have made the switch .

Last edited:
if is was on the other side of town u wudnt have made the switch? how big is ur town? wow some ppl really don't get how good they have it with E85 smh. I can see not getting like myself cause its on the other side of the state but the other side of town wow

Here in upstate NY ( Rochester / Buffalo area ) , E85 is only 10 cents cheaper than regular , which is not much of an incentive to even try it in a flex fuel vehicle with its reduced fuel economy . E85 isn't everywhere in Upstate NY , I just happen to have 3 stations within 10 miles that I go past in any direction I cruise . If they were on the other side of town , I don't know if I wold have made the switch .

if is was on the other side of town u wudnt have made the switch? how big is ur town? wow some ppl really don't get how good they have it with E85 smh. I can see not getting like myself cause its on the other side of the state but the other side of town wow
It would have been about 60 miles round trip , but remember I didn't know how great E85 is . Knowing what I know now I would have stocked up on it so I wouldn't have to make the trip so often .

Bison, Brett are correct
i would pay 93 oct prices for E85 if that meant that i could get it anywhere everywhere.
the performance i gain on E85 is crazy. Old build 30# boost no KR
also no worrying about alky pump priming or not coming on, filling up seperate tank, seperate system to check for leaks, pump to have rebuilt every year running out while cruising. all if which happened to me lol.
in conclusion E85 At 93oct price is a deal.
fyi 4 years ago the local speed shop was charging $60.00 for a 5 gal. can of M1. add that to the 93 and check list.

in conclusion E85 At 93oct price is a deal.
Not to 99% of the people who buy it because they think they're saving the planet. They'll buy 87 octane gasoline because it gets better gas mileage and is cheaper, The scenario you are wishing for will never happen because of reasons I outlined earlier. In order for this wealth redistribution scheme to have the longest possible life,the price must be 30% lower than 87 octane gasoline. If you are wishing for E85 to become more widely available,you are wishing for more money to be removed from your take home pay and the take home pay of all tax paying citizens. You are wishing for a weaker and weaker economy. If you pay taxes,you are paying for E85. If you pay taxes and use E85,you are paying more for it than you think you are but the rest of the tax paying population that doesn't use E85 is paying more than you. It's an artificial price because of and only because of politics.

if they ever notice it works well in performance cars they'll probably add a "knock inducing chemical" to piss on our corn flakes, pun intended.

R U serious????? Our desire for E-85 may not convince the big oil companies and the save the planet "Al Gore global warming" folks, but should have no bearing on E-85 being available thru out the country!!!!! Either it is going to available to all regions or not!!!!
It is up to those who want it to scream to your legislature & the fuel providers in your state as to the desire for the E-85 in their voting area!!!! This is an easy flip for the politicians in most areas...(not to hard to sell emission control) Make them work for you!!

R U serious????? Our desire for E-85 may not convince the big oil companies and the save the planet "Al Gore global warming" folks, but should have no bearing on E-85 being available thru out the country!!!!! Either it is going to available to all regions or not!!!!
It is up to those who want it to scream to your legislature & the fuel providers in your state as to the desire for the E-85 in their voting area!!!! This is an easy flip for the politicians in most areas...(not to hard to sell emission control) Make them work for you!!
Did you read my earlier post #41?

So I just realized that am in another planet in this E85 conversation.

To me E85 is only about how much boost with OUT KR I can run. NOT a single care in the world about MPG. If I cared about MPG id be playing with a 4cyl something.
Like the guys that run 116 in their weekend old school BB, its just for a few miles and a quick blast.
My Yukon is FlexFuel and I have used E85 in it maybe 3 times in 50K miles.

So I just realized that am in another planet in this E85 conversation.
I've given you a good explanation about why this fuel is being forced on the American public and how it is costing us all. If your hopes and wishes about E85 are still the same,it must be because you think the things I've written are opinion and not fact. By the way don't call the oil companies because ethanol is being forced on them also.