Where can I get a chrome alternator and up pipe (besides Kirban's)?

GNVAIR

My father is looking for a chromed stock 86-87 alternator and up pipe for his car. Kirban has been "back ordered" for over a month. Anyone have any suggestions?

Lee....

Just a quick word on the alternator. I went on DC Tech's web page the other day, and they are making this TRICK polished alternator shield. Man, it's really cool. Might be an option for you rather than going with an entirely chromed alternator.

Just FYI.
Rich

Most of the places around here wont chrome plate aluminum. I tried Kirban's, but they are on perpetual back order.
Steve, thanks for the info. My father isnt into doing the heavy mechanical work. I actually wouldnt be doing as much as I am if he just took my advice and bought a Buick. But he was sooo in love with the Monte SS's that he was willing to give up the power.......or so he thought. LOL
After he owned his Z28 for 8 years, he is going through major horse power withdrawal, so we (I) decided to give him one of the drive trains I had and ofcourse, free labor :D

BTW,

the summit catalog says "chrome gm kit".

The summit web sites says "chrome gm, up to 1986 kit".

Don't make the mistake that I did, and order the one in the catalog...:mad:

BTW, summit does sell a 200amp chrome alternator for $400...

hmmm...if your original alt. and up-pipe are in good condition, then why don't you get them polished. I had both done and they look distinctly different from chrome, but very nice.

Up-pipe doesn't rust and alt. is alum.....I'll get you some pictures of mine if your interested in what it looks like....but if you want a quick reference...look at any polished alum. rim or polished stainless steal.

Of course, you need to keep things clean under the hood to avoid pitting...but it sounds like that isn't a prob. :)

Mark

Thanks guys! Yeah, Keith is definitely one of the good guys.........there must be a reason why my father and my own car cars look like rolling catalogs of his performance Buick parts. I will try to post pics once I have my father's car completed.