Where to find a compression barbed fitting??

Morkai

Morkai the Red
I'm installing my tranny cooler and it came with a single barbed adapter that has a compression fitting for screwing into the radiator. I want a 2nd fitting so I can tap straight into the line couplers, but I have had no luck finding one. I went to nearly every parts house in town, lowes, and MSI (Ag supply that has everything) and no luck. Will I have to order one of these, and where, time is key here too.

It was suggested to try a gas supply shop, that they might have more compression type fittings. Worth a shot?

Anyone know what the actual thread size is? I'm pretty sure it's not NPT.

Thanks,
Eric

I thought into the radiator for the tranny oil cooler was 5/16" flared fittings?

Not compression.

To use a compression fitting cut the stock line or use a short 5/16" tube line and use the 5/16" tube compression fittings off of that.

Kinda hard to visualize what you are doing.

#5 invertered flair is the fitting size. I or we have adapters that are dirt cheap that all will fit with no cutting.

Let me know.

Bruce
We4
PTS XTREME

Found one!

Thanks Bruce, the only parts store I hadn't tried had them. It's not a chain type store, it's more of a local parts/machine shop.

It was $2.51, but price wasn't the issue, I really needed it this weekend so I can get the cooler on and get to more important things like dropping the tranny.

Bruce, isn't that I remember you recomending, run the cooler only w/o using the in-radiator unit?

90% of the time we run in conjunction with the cooler.

Bruce
WE4

My memory sucks...

Ok, maybe I remembered wrong. So would you say I should run it in-line with the radiator cooler? I had that Q in another thread but didn't get many replies. Top line is return?

Re: My memory sucks...

Originally posted by Morkai
Ok, maybe I remembered wrong. So would you say I should run it in-line with the radiator cooler? I had that Q in another thread but didn't get many replies. Top line is return?

2004r's are opposite.
Top is discharge and bottom is return. ( If you are going to install a temp gauge do it here)
Yes run in conjunction with radiator...

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME