You can type here any text you want

Where to find a compression barbed fitting??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Morkai

Morkai the Red
I'm installing my tranny cooler and it came with a single barbed adapter that has a compression fitting for screwing into the radiator. I want a 2nd fitting so I can tap straight into the line couplers, but I have had no luck finding one. I went to nearly every parts house in town, lowes, and MSI (Ag supply that has everything) and no luck. Will I have to order one of these, and where, time is key here too.

It was suggested to try a gas supply shop, that they might have more compression type fittings. Worth a shot?

Anyone know what the actual thread size is? I'm pretty sure it's not NPT.

Thanks,
Eric

I thought into the radiator for the tranny oil cooler was 5/16" flared fittings?

Not compression.

To use a compression fitting cut the stock line or use a short 5/16" tube line and use the 5/16" tube compression fittings off of that.

Kinda hard to visualize what you are doing.

#5 invertered flair is the fitting size. I or we have adapters that are dirt cheap that all will fit with no cutting.

Let me know.

Bruce
We4
PTS XTREME

Found one!

Thanks Bruce, the only parts store I hadn't tried had them. It's not a chain type store, it's more of a local parts/machine shop.

It was $2.51, but price wasn't the issue, I really needed it this weekend so I can get the cooler on and get to more important things like dropping the tranny.

Bruce, isn't that I remember you recomending, run the cooler only w/o using the in-radiator unit?

90% of the time we run in conjunction with the cooler.

Bruce
WE4

My memory sucks...

Ok, maybe I remembered wrong. So would you say I should run it in-line with the radiator cooler? I had that Q in another thread but didn't get many replies. Top line is return?

Re: My memory sucks...

Originally posted by Morkai
Ok, maybe I remembered wrong. So would you say I should run it in-line with the radiator cooler? I had that Q in another thread but didn't get many replies. Top line is return?

2004r's are opposite.
Top is discharge and bottom is return. ( If you are going to install a temp gauge do it here)
Yes run in conjunction with radiator...

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

Return

I was talking about on the radiator side, top being return...

Back