Which backspace for a 15x8 weld prostar??

84GN-TX

im gonna get some weld prostars, 15x3 fronts and 15x8 rears, which backspace you guys think looks better for the rear, 3.5 or 4.5? can anyone post pics of which ones you have?

Definately 3.5.

I've run both Draglites and ProStars with 3.5" bs and IMO, it's pefect for a 15x8 rim. I"m pretty sure 4.5 would rub the frame.

HTH

Rob

Definately 3.5.

I've run both Draglites and ProStars with 3.5" bs and IMO, it's pefect for a 15x8 rim. I"m pretty sure 4.5 would rub the frame.

HTH

Rob

This is for both of you, what size slicks?? And anybody run 4x15 fronts. what size tire are for 3 in and/or 4inch. fronts. thanks:)
oh, any kind if spacing for the fronts. How many inches are they from centre to rim on fronts?

15x8
3.5 back space 28x9 ET Drags

buick009.jpg

ttypelauch.jpg

Denisephotos294.jpg

Thanks PaCemkr86
Can you run 10 inch without fear of rubbing, I know you launch pretty damn hard I don't have a T brake
so I shouldn't theoretically hit the fender wells. What do you think? And what if stiffing the Air bags a couple pounds may act as a preventer?.:)

26x10 will fit without rubbing

i dont think a 28x10 will fit on my car with out notching and getting more back space..

yes air bags will help from rubbing.. and so will a good anti-roll "sway" bar

John,
When you get it, let me know so I can come over. I'll pay shipping back to Phil. :)

These Are 3.5 .i Ran Et Streets 28x12.5 No Problem

Attachments

• MVC-050S.JPG
    MVC-050S.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 750
Just to help clarify something mentioned earlier. Bobby mentioned he has run 28x12.5 ET Streets with no problems. I'm assuming he means this tire. MT # 3755. They are not actually 12.5" wide tread, MT gives the DOT tires a different size rating than their slicks. I too run that exact same tire, (part# 3755)
Here is what Jegs has to say about that tire.

Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Tires - JEGS

It is really a bias ply 28x10.5 slick, with a different sidewall size , grooves cut into the tread and a DOT number. Click on "More Details" next to part number 672-3755 for the actual numbers. I have run and currently run this same tire on 15x10" rim with 4.5" back spacing, but it will work just fine on a 15x8 with 3.5" back spacing.

All the Weld 15x8 rims I have run in the past, have had 3.5" back spacing. I had friends who've had trouble with 15x8 wheels that had 4.5" back spacing. They always seemed to rub really bad. As far as bolt circle goes, our cars have the 5 on 4 3/4" bolt circle and take 12mm x 1.5 thread lug nuts for stock wheel studs. You will need the long shank lug nuts with washers for Weld Draglites or Pro Stars.

Front rims, you want the 1 3/4" back spacing on the 15x3.5 wheels, or 2 1/4" on the 15x4s. You can run a race series tire from any of the tire companies like MT, Hoosier, Goodyear, Phoenix, etc, etc. Some people also run VW size tires up front as well. Something like a 165 - 175 /75/15 tire, but personally, I don't particularly care for that short of a tire. I prefer a 27-28" tire up front when running a 28" tall rear tire.
Hope some of this helps.

Patrick

That is Correct Patrick the street tires are rated with section width and not tread width.it is a 28.5x10 basicly

That Helps very very much RUQWKNF thank you for clarifying that, very useful info.
I'm currently looking to go to a bigger slick , running a 26x9 slick now and I have to use a 1/4 inch spacer, so am trying to find the best back space to order on my new ones. THanks again for your clarification.:smile:

thx for the pics and info guys, this is what id like mine too look like:biggrin:

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 679