which scanmaster to buy?

i will disagree with you till the day i die about that. Buying a Wideband is the best damn thing i have ever done to my car. no you dont need it but if you want to tune your car to its potential you need a WB. tunning with a NB is just asking for blown head gaskets or a blown motor.

Well lets see, I don't have a wideband, run 10s all day long and drive to and from the track. You do not need a wide band to tune your car to its potential. Mine is tuned perfect and its all without a wideband, guess its how much knowledge you have with the vehicles.

im not saying you cant run 9's or 10's without one but you really dont know whats going on with the A/F when your running a NB. to each there own.

im not saying you cant run 9's or 10's without one but you really dont know whats going on with the A/F when your running a NB. to each there own.

You can know what is fully going on with your A/F. I mean I run 10s with 0 knock ever. No detonation, no head gasket issues, no motor issues. But like you said, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.

that is true. i just think that yes you can run with no detonation, no head gasket issues, no motor issues with a NB but you could be running very lean or very rich. hell you might be running low 10's with a rich a/f and not even know it but with a WB you would see this. Lean it out alittle and you could be running 9's. anyways i wont take this off subject.

i will disagree with you till the day i die about that. Buying a Wideband is the best damn thing i have ever done to my car. no you dont need it but if you want to tune your car to its potential you need a WB. tunning with a NB is just asking for blown head gaskets or a blown motor.
let me ask you, how do you use the wbo2? i meen do you use a scanmaster or a power logger to get the readings??? and how do you make any adjustments with it???? just want to know before i go buying something... sounds good though.....

you have to have the powerlogger with the LC-1 to view the read out unless you buy a gauge. i run the powerlogger and a LC-1 and data log with the P/L. i then take the data from the powerlogger review it and make adjuments to the chip (TT Chip)

that is true. i just think that yes you can run with no detonation, no head gasket issues, no motor issues with a NB but you could be running very lean or very rich. hell you might be running low 10's with a rich a/f and not even know it but with a WB you would see this. Lean it out alittle and you could be running 9's. anyways i wont take this off subject.

That as much may be true, but when I ran my low 10 second pass, I got kicked out of the track due to me not having a cage, casue i refuse to cut up the car. I have always been raised that why fix something if its not broken right :biggrin:

That as much may be true, but when I ran my low 10 second pass, I got kicked out of the track due to me not having a cage, casue i refuse to cut up the car. I have always been raised that why fix something if its not broken right :biggrin:

What are yoy tuning with ? Powerlogger, scanmaster,??

I was wondering if the scanmaster that turbo tweak offers for 249 is the one I should buy? I want a new one.

back to the original question ... scanmaster will work fine for most of the people out there :p gives you a good idea for whats goin on ... simple and is there all the time... we just watch knock :eek:

Grumpy- The Scanmaster works fine for basic tuning. You are right about watching knock. The added update feature provided to the Scanmaster works very well. You are correct that the Scanmaster is on all the time. I use my Scanmaster all the time.

The real issue here is that the only way to really tune up our cars and press the envelope is a wide band o2 sensor and a program to read it. The powerlogger easily makes all previous types of programs cumbersome and out of date. It depends on your goal. Good luck- Brad

Grumpy-
The real issue here is that the only way to really tune up our cars and press the envelope is a wide band o2 sensor and a program to read it. The powerlogger easily makes all previous types of programs cumbersome and out of date. It depends on your goal. Good luck- Brad

how many people are really goin FAST ???? :confused: most people can get away with just a scanmaster for their stock 11/12 sec set ups :cool:

I have a tt chip and a scanmaster,I will be buying a power logger after doing some reading on it. I also have talked to mike at full throttle for more info on it.Seems like a verey useful thing then just running the scanmaster.And he never recommened a wbo2 for my use..

you will be very happy with the P/L but the LC-1 is an awsome acc. to go with. W/B will tell you whats really going on.

Bob bailey works for mike @ Fullthrottle is user name here is TurboBob he has helped me on my ecm.