You can type here any text you want

White smoke?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
White smoke from the exhaust. Is this the rings? Or a turbo?

White smoke?:eek: Maybe some moisture in the exhaust combined with cold tempature. White smoke? Headgasket. Lets hope for the first. Check the oil for possible milkshake color. If the oil looks normal that still doesn't rule out a headgasket. White smoke is usual a bad sign. Has the engine detonated any? Knock?

No water in the oil. It's Hawaii so It's not the cold weather. No knocking.

No water in the oil. It's Hawaii so It's not the cold weather. No knocking.

I hate telling people to do this. :rolleyes: Obviously be careful, but sniff the smoke and see if it smells like coolant.

Other things you can do: With the car cold, take off the radiator cap and look for bubbles in the radiator while the car is running. Also, take out the spark plugs and crank each piston to TDC and look in the spark plug holes with a flashlight to see if any of the pistons are really bright and shiny. That last one won't work if you've been running meth injection recently.

Compression test and/or leakdown test. If low comp, add oil and see if comp comes up. If it does, overhaul are in order. If not, valve seals. If the turbo is pushing oil into downpipe, then your plugs will be clean.

It's not cold if you live in Hawaii!:biggrin: Hope it's something simple. Looks like you have some good info above. How many miles on the car? Hope it's a simple fix and not bad news.

no slight bluish tint? For me burning oil and coolant can look pretty similar with oil being slightly bluer but depending on the light ive been fooled before lol. Check the turbo if it is a tad bit blue

Car has bout 100k. Would there be oil in the up pipe to the Trottle body?

If there is, you will see some oil deposits on your plugs. Hope it is going out the exhaust side of the turbo so you don't have to tear into the engine. My old 85 did that with only 5500 miles on the TA-33. Drank a quart of oil on my 6.9 mile drive home one night. Sent to John Craig and he fixed it right back up. My plugs were perfect and the intake was clean from when I assembled it all originally.

Sounds like somebody installed one of these custom pieces on your engine!

Taxi-headgasket.jpg

Back