You can type here any text you want

White smoke

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

to slow

stock high mileage GN, white smoke billowing out of the exhaust on the highway, close to home, so got her back in the garage. Took little over a litre of oil to top back up what was lost. oil in intercooler, TB also some pressure had built up oil was inside engine compartment, noticed the dip stick had popped up, also vaccum to turbo had popped off.

cleaned up engine ran it after all the smoke from the degreaser burned off, didn't see any visible oil leaks, no burning smoke, also no oil on ground. when driving still gives some white smoke, more as you drive faster and add a little boost.

took off turbo shield to see if anything was leaking from there, was bone dry

possibilities I can think of are bad PCV, turbo seals gone, also hearing a ticking noise, I've heard the turbos can do this if they're gone.??

Any help appreciated!!!

THanks

If the pressure line from the turbo blew off while under boost, no alchy, audiable/knock gauge, and you were staying in it, the word BOOM! comes to mind:eek: Did you check for the proverbial, milk shake? Have you checked the pcv valve and the turbo for end play? Do a compression test and check for bubbles in the radiator. hopefully you will find nothing more then the pcv valve needs to be replaced.

The same happened on my then stock TTA, I thought it was bad turbo seals but it was blown headgaskets.

Changing the PCV, I will probably have to investigate the head gasket as this is all stock

thanks

Back