Who is the Fastest all time, Stock Susp, 10.5 tire GN?

Quint

Hey guys, just wondering who is actually the fastest of all time? I know Tony and Dave are the fastest for 2009, and possibly ever. I dont want some 1 single pass on some lucky day with a strong tail head wind, down hill etc time, but has 2 minimum passes in the 7's. NO Wheelie bars, has a weight of 3200-3400 w/o drivers, and I dont care what turbo was used, fast is fast. But, who's the fastest legit Stock Susp, 10.5 tire GN ever? I thought it was Tony and Dave now since they have done it more then once. There have been I believe a couple others, but thats it and the others, had wheelie bars, lots of weight out and bigger then 10.5 tires, with a tub, ? Im pretty sure the only 2 documented with proof is Dave and Tony, we all know their cars are 3200-3400, no bars and, correct susp and tires. Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's Tony and Dave, both of which were on drag radials. Their times are in my sig.

Damn your fast Cal! I thought so too. Also I thought Dave Ran 7.97 and 7.
98, if so you need to update your sig :). You know, its pretty amazing when you think about the phrase Fastest of All time in any certain class, just crazy.

Dave and Tony both have cars over 3400lbs. They both made 7 sec passes on a stock suspension. i wouldnt doubt that there are some v8 stock suspension g bodies that that have gone just as fast or faster.

Dave and Tony both have cars over 3400lbs. They both made 7 sec passes on a stock suspension. i wouldnt doubt that there are some v8 stock suspension g bodies that that have gone just as fast or faster.
Your right Bison and yes no doubt some with 8's have done, Dusty being one of them. Thanks

Chad Henderson's BBC Nitrous V8 GN has also been in the 7's on stock suspension with Drag Radials although I have no idea what the weight is (probably a bit lighter than Tony and Dave). I'm sure Dusty would know. Also, obviously Chris Chow did it a few years back with the twin turbo SBC WE4.

I'd venture to say the way things are going Tony and Dave might get some company in the 7's soon with guys like Chris, Ted, Roy, Manny, etc. also in the hunt.:cool:

I'd venture to say the way things are going Tony and Dave might get some company in the 7's soon with guys like Chris, Ted, Roy, Manny, etc. also in the hunt.:cool:

Next year should be interesting. Anyone care to guess who the next 7 sec guy will be? Or better yet, who will be the fastest at the end of 2010?!

Next year should be interesting. Anyone care to guess who the next 7 sec guy will be? Or better yet, who will be the fastest at the end of 2010?!

Chris seems to be very close so he would be a good bet IMO. I would not be surprised to see Don Cruz step up and run TSO next year and I have a feeling after what he did at Reynolds in TSM he might decide he wants to go faster cause he has already proven himself as the "Top Gun" in TSM. Also, he seems to have a really nice chassis from what I seen by looking at his car so maybe it will be him??:eek:

My guess is that Tony and Dave will continue to dominate TSO unless there is some new Stage 2 headed combo out there that i am unaware of. If i recall they are penalized for running Stage 2 heads too. Imo it will take a completely different engine combo to catch up to Gomes/Fiscus with their RPE S2 headed bullets. Not a slam or a challenge but i dont see production style heads catching them without some crazy rpm/boost especially since they are all limited to the same turbo. There is just so much more to be gained at .600-.700 lift over 7000rpm with the stage 2 headed engines. If they could go bigger on the ex side id bet the production style heads would have hit 7's already too.

next year .I see mr gomes 7.60 et at 180 mph!!!
dave the same:biggrin::biggrin:both of them have the same(doctors):D(RPE-HIGHPSI):biggrin:

My guess is that Tony and Dave will continue to dominate TSO unless there is some new Stage 2 headed combo out there that i am unaware of. If i recall they are penalized for running Stage 2 heads too. Imo it will take a completely different engine combo to catch up to Gomes/Fiscus with their RPE S2 headed bullets. Not a slam or a challenge but i dont see production style heads catching them without some crazy rpm/boost especially since they are all limited to the same turbo. There is just so much more to be gained at .600-.700 lift over 7000rpm with the stage 2 headed engines. If they could go bigger on the ex side id bet the production style heads would have hit 7's already too.

That is probably a safe bet because obviously both of them have their combinations pretty well sorted out and as you said the Stage2 headed combo is really hard to beat. I think it's also important to mention that both Tony and Dave probably both have the most passes with their cars than any of the other TSO cars which gives them another obvious advantage because seat time is really critical when going this fast.

next year .I see mr gomes 7.60 et at 180 mph!!!
dave the same:biggrin::biggrin:both of them have the same(doctors):D(RPE-HIGHPSI):biggrin:

That would be sick, I won't say it's not possible because everytime someone says you can't go any faster they have!:eek:

Chad Henderson's BBC Nitrous V8 GN has also been in the 7's on stock suspension with Drag Radials although I have no idea what the weight is (probably a bit lighter than Tony and Dave). I'm sure Dusty would know. Also, obviously Chris Chow did it a few years back with the twin turbo SBC WE4.

Chad's been 4.85 to the 1/8 on the 325 radial but being a nitrous car we know it won't run 7.20's out the back like a turbo car would with those 1/8 #'s and he's around 3100#.

I wouldn't classify myself as a GN so there are only 2 GN's that I'm aware of that have been 7's on stock suspension.

The are however G-bodies out there that will run or have run 7.20-7.40 on radials and stock suspension. I think John Balinsky went 7.2 or 7.3 at 194 or so with his turbo Cutlass. Several of us have the 1/8 times to run very low 7's if we ran it out the back so the chassis is very capable but the bodies don't seem to do very well in the 180+ range. The aero of these boxes doesn't handle well at those speeds. If I were to run 1/4 I'd be looking at getting the car on the ground and blocking off the grille area somehow. I'm going to try and do the grille area with my new set-up to keep all the air pressure from building up under the hood.

Well if your gonna run 170+mph you are going to have crazy boost and rpm regardless of the motor. I use to think the same about S2 heads but not so much anymore. I think with a limit on turbo size it may not matter. 175mph is definitely doable with production style heads and the billet wheel PTE4788. I've been 171+ so far and have room to grow. You have to be careful with the exhaust side on a production style head and cam timing plays a very critical role in the equation. Yes there is a weight break for production style heads in TSO BUT my car weighs over 3400#'s and is not taking advantage of the wt break.

Next year will be interesting. I believe Don Cruz and Ted A will also be running production style heads next year so we will have a good mix of S2 and stock style heads in the class. I think 7.60 ET's are obtainable but I'm not sure about 180mph, unless we drop weight off the class. It is worth mentioning that not only are these cars some of the fastest 10.5" tire stock suspension g-bodies around they are also some of the most powerful Buick V6's ever built. Tony and Dave are both making around 1700 crank HP:eek:

We plan on finding out how fast stock heads can go next year, stepping up all the areas that can be improved and either 1. getting it done, or 2. blowing it up trying.

Chris, are you still running stock style heads next year??

We plan on finding out how fast stock heads can go next year, stepping up all the areas that can be improved and either 1. getting it done, or 2. blowing it up trying.

Chris, are you still running stock style heads next year??

Sold all my S2 stuff and have no intentions of going back. Tom @ Champion is putting together a new set of GN1's for next year designed for what we are trying to accomplish. Car and motor are going back together with a freshened up and a few other small changes. I look forward to seeing you back in action next year. I'm sure that DLS power plant will be up to the task!

Chris, glad to hear you are keeping your stock type heads, you are on top of your game right now, I expect you will keep up the progress and I'll be working hard on catching up. ;)

I am also looking forward to see what Don Cruz brings to to the class next year also.