Who's going to the World Street Nationals in Orlando??

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
I'll be going up Friday with my bro (blackshoebox) and I know some others plan on being there.... It's only about a month away, can't wait!!! :cool:

Got my flight tickets Wednesday. Me and 2 other guys fly into orlando Thursday around noon and fly out around 8am monday. Look forward to the looong weekend. I need to have my a$$ kicked though, I should be home spending my time and $$$ getting my car ready for Reynolds but I've wanted to see this race for 3 years.

Have you guys heard rumors that this will be the last year???

John Wilde said:
Have you guys heard rumors that this will be the last year???

John, Think I might've mentioned to you before that I had heard some rumors that the track was going to be sold to some land developers.... There has also been talks of my local track (Moroso in WPB) closing due to lawsuits and basically it is being run into the ground by poor management and the wonderful owner (Susan Moroso)....

I can tell you this much if the Orlando WSN's are done after this year it will probably be for the better and the event to watch will be the U.S. Street Nationals at Bradenton Motorsports Park January 27-29.... I will also be there!!!! :biggrin: :cool:

86brick said:
John, Think I might've mentioned to you before that I had heard some rumors that the track was going to be sold to some land developers.... There has also been talks of my local track (Moroso in WPB) closing due to lawsuits and basically it is being run into the ground by poor management and the wonderful owner (Susan Moroso)....

I can tell you this much if the Orlando WSN's are done after this year it will probably be for the better and the event to watch will be the U.S. Street Nationals at Bradenton Motorsports Park January 27-29.... I will also be there!!!! :biggrin: :cool:

Damn you scuba steve!!! :p

Dusty Bradford said:
Yes John. Don't know if it's true but I want to see it before it's gone.

I would prefer if you won before it closed!!!!

That would be nice. I'd have a better chance since they came out with the "Rick" rule.

A few local EZ guys are making the haul. But the one with the best shot will be making his first full 1/4 passes on a N20 motor. I hope he takes a lot of extra pistons.....he abuses them pretty bad on just the 1/8 stuff.

86brick said:

I doubt it, The event of the year will be Street Car Super Nationals held in Vegas just after SEMA. With all the money up for grabs and Outlaw DR, and Outlaw 10.5 running 1/8th mile, alot of East coast guys are gonna try and steal all that cash from the West coast guys. With $25k to win plus Contingency for Pro Street. Got a feeling this will be the event of the year. Musi, Dantoni, Thorton, And Jenkins all to show up.

http://www.streetcarsupernationals.com/

V-8 Warning

Chris Chow should be in Vegas with 150 to 200 more HP.

Dusty Bradford said:
That would be nice. I'd have a better chance since they came out with the "Rick" rule.

A few local EZ guys are making the haul. But the one with the best shot will be making his first full 1/4 passes on a N20 motor. I hope he takes a lot of extra pistons.....he abuses them pretty bad on just the 1/8 stuff.

Did you hear that twins are legal with an extra 100lbs?

Went to the WSN last year for the first time after trying to go for years. I hate to say it, but I was disappointed. That track is a p.o.s. And I love watching the "street type" classes run wherever. You would think with all the $$ that place makes on that weekend alone, they could improve on it just a bit!!!! Just my .02 worth!

Did you hear that twins are legal with an extra 100lbs?

No I didn't. Does Rick plan to run again this year then? If he's out here for the DR race in Memphis the week before I would think he'd show up in Orlando.

I will be holding up the fence on the towerside just left of the tree. Just like the last 8 years. Booked reservations 2 weeks ago. look for the Tank Abbott look alike and the racing cooler with the contingnecy stickers.

I'll be there. Initially had 7 cars to tune, now down to 5. The 100# twin turbo penalty is for DR only. I doubt Rick will be there. The latest rumour I heard was that he was swapping his car over to run at the Bonneville Salt flats.