You can type here any text you want

Who's Using Qa1 Rear Adjustable Shocks?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Me ! I have then on my GN and they're real nice...When there isn't a lot of traction, I use the lower settings and increase the settings when I feel the traction is getting better...

Claude :D

Do they give you an idea of the shock %? Like setting 1 is 10/90 etc?

Do they give you an idea of the shock %? Like setting 1 is 10/90 etc?
Not really...unless I overlooked something in the instructions...But I'd say that the higher the setting (on a scale from 1 to 12 settings), the stiffer the shock will be...

Claude :)

I have them on my car. I usually run them (rear) at either 3 clicks to 4 clicks depending on the track condition. For the street anything above 3 clicks and its like riding in a wagon on the 17s. I keep the fronts at 3 clicks, I might start playing with that at the track soon to see if there is any difference with changes.
I believe rule of thumb is start higher and start coming down until the tires spin or 60' gets worse, then go back up one click.
HTH

Thanks for the replies, it matches what Qa1 mentioned.

Setting 0 is the softest, most compression = Strip
Setting 12 is the hardest, least compression, = Street

Tech on the phone also said his track setting was 3 so sounds like a good starting point at the strip. ;)

FWIW, the bolt kit that Qa1 sells is intended for stock shock cars that have never removed the factory welded on bolt. All of us with aftermarket shocks already don't need the kit.

And the Summit picture is not the proper one for us, it will come with the T Bar top mount and Eyelet bottom opening. :)

I have them on my TFS car. Have the set up soft... Still got to dail it in...

I have 'em. Didn't play around with the suspension at Cecil. I believe I have them at 5-6 setting, in the middle. I got a best 60' of 1.39 on radials.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Good lord you guys are cutting great 60ft times, also curious about front shock settings.

GNXTC2, insane time on the middle setting, I was planning on using the #6 setting for the street, damn.

I have a set that I picked up from Jim Rodgers that was on his stock appearing GS and I did not know how to set them.

I am curious for those running them with nice 60' times.

What other suspension mods are you running?

Do you set the right side more clicks to not need and airbag?

I was thinking to set my right side to about 6 or 7 clicks and the left around 2 or 3. I do not have an airbag. I do have Kirbans variable rate springs recently installed.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

I had them on my gray car set at *3 on all four corners for street use. The car also had Eibach springs on all four corners. Anything higher and the car rode too rough in my opinion. At the track I had to go up in "clicks" on the right rear otherwise the car would torque over to that side too much on launch. However... The car had no swaybar in the rear also. A HR bar would have "fixed" that.

K.

QA1's on all four corners. I tighten the fronts if it's really hooking good. I have a wolfcraft style anti rollbar in the rear with no air bags so i don't stager shock settings left to right. That probably would help with airbags.

FWIW I did a few things different than what the kit might come with etc.

I bought 3/8th Stainless Bolts, Nuts and Washers since the ones that were 8 years old were rusted to hell and the ones that came in the kit were just normal steel.

I had to open the holes for the two top shock bolts since I went with bigger 3/8th bolts, I used a 25/64ths drill bit, easy.

I used the 1/4 spacer from my Monroe's since the very bottom of the shock body was barely touching the lower mount. I put on Stainless Lock Washers and Nuts torqued to 40lbs.

I have it 3 clicks left shock and 4 clicks right, I'll will see what happens.

They also brought my car back to the proper dropped spring height and it's easily 2" lower than I had it with the air shocks. :eek:

BTW, the QA1's are 3.5lbs each without the bolts, Monroe Air Shocks were 4.25lbs each with air lines.

Attachments

• GN Shocks QA1 Back.jpg
    GN Shocks QA1 Back.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 250
  • GN Shocks QA1 Top 2.jpg
    GN Shocks QA1 Top 2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 273
  • GN QA1 Ride Height Nitto.jpg
    GN QA1 Ride Height Nitto.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 278
Q-a1

# 3 setting all the way around on the street