Why is my car leaning..with pic

A couple "items":
1. Take a look at the weld joint in the center of the x member between the springs. Cracked?
2. Raise the car w/ the suspension loaded. Measure from the floor to the body, and floor to the frame. repeat on each side. Subtract these #'s. This gives an exact body to frame dimension. Same? You mentioned rusted floor pan. Could be the body is down over the frame..Causes? Bad/missing mounts, or floors caved in and body sag...
Those SS bars are JUNK!

I checked my rear frame there is no rust around the bushings also the bushing looks ok...the floor pan rust is just in the front below the gas peddle, from when my moon roof was leaking...just got in from work and i`m heading to the garage to check the rear suspension again....

Well just got in from the garage and after checking everything under there...rear springs, airbags, the southside traction bars everything looked perfect, no rust...so i lowered the car back down and tryed what BLUEHAIR did to his car...so this is what i did, i measured from where you put your jack at to the floor and this is what i found...

this is the driverside.. measured 8 1/2

So now i just got to replace my springs and shocks in the front...just hope there is nothing else wrong....i want to thank everybody who gave me help on what to look for and do....thanks again for all the help...GONE N SIXTY

When I was single I had a bed that did the same thing.

Never could figure out why............:eek:

RMAR since you try to help me on my car, i going to help you find out why your bed was leaning..... just trying to help a brotha out and i found her she said she knows you...sorry but i know people..take care..GONE N SIXTY

Holy Cow Man!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Some of us just got home from work and are eating now. I may just loose my dinner!!!

I guess that's why we all bought mid-size cars instead of the compacts!!!

How many Cheetahs were killed in the making of that photo??? :frown:
How many hoepower is that??? Must be 650 at least!!!:D

Holy Cow Man!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Some of us just got home from work and are eating now. I may just loose my dinner!!!

I guess that's why we all bought mid-size cars instead of the compacts!!!

How many Cheetahs were killed in the making of that photo??? :frown:
How many hoepower is that??? Must be 650 at least!!!:D

Don`t report me to PETA....

"check your frame for damage in the rear"

It may be a combination of both...the body bushing going through a rusty frame...:( I hope I am wrong....

i still have a good old C clamp holding my body to the frame right now in the back right lol thats on my list to do

Springs support the weight of the vehicle & are directly related to most ride height issues. There are other major issues that cause ride height problems that have also been mentioned and discussed in this thread.

A shocks job is to simply return the vehicle to its original resting position as quickly and smoothly as possible, thats it, nothing more. It will NEVER impact ride height.

Just trying to make something clear:rolleyes:

man im not getting into a pissing match, just trying to help this guy out and just stated what i have ran across before, whether you dont think it effects it or not is not the question. I had a broken shock once on the front of a 81 malibu, the car had several 100k miles on it and im sure the springs were weak. i didnt touch anything but put new cheaper NAPA springs in it and it raised up the front end at least 1/4" in ride height if not more....just sayin' it happened...cant explain it but it did.

I hope this cat figures it out, i hate little pesky stuff like this. maybe he'll find something worn or broken in the right front and fix his problem...good luck man.

If you have a daughter you need to show it to her dates. If that doesn't stick in their minds nothing will

man im not getting into a pissing match, just trying to help this guy out and just stated what i have ran across before, whether you dont think it effects it or not is not the question. I had a broken shock once on the front of a 81 malibu, the car had several 100k miles on it and im sure the springs were weak. i didnt touch anything but put new cheaper NAPA springs in it and it raised up the front end at least 1/4" in ride height if not more....just sayin' it happened...cant explain it but it did.

I hope this cat figures it out, i hate little pesky stuff like this. maybe he'll find something worn or broken in the right front and fix his problem...good luck man.

Me either. But, you just stated in THIS post you changed the SPRINGS and it raised the front end up. YES, THIS WOULD BE ACCURATE. SHOCKS do NOT affect ride height, SPRINGS DO!!!!!!!!! Thats all Im saying man! Just dont want any wrong info being put out there. Just trying to be clear...................... cya

man i meant to say cheap napa shocks not springs lol...i never changed springs in that car just shocks and it raised it...sorry i was sleepy last night when i wrote that. :D

keep us posted dude....:wink:

Something else to try:
Raise the car up and let the rearend dangle from the frame. Loosen ALL the control arm bolts. Set car back on ground and see if the car levels out while the bolts are loose.
The control arm bolts should be tightened with the suspension loaded and not while the rearend is dangling from the frame.

Good Luck
KS:cool:

It will be interesting see what you find out. My car has the exact same problem, hell for a moment there I thought you were in my garage taking a picture of my car! On mine it looks like the drivers rear spring sags about an inch.

It will be interesting see what you find out. My car has the exact same problem, hell for a moment there I thought you were in my garage taking a picture of my car! On mine it looks like the drivers rear spring sags about an inch.

I going to check my front suspension this weekend, can you take pic of your car and maybe we can work out this together :D

I've got BBGL also

Bad Black Gangsta Lean......:rolleyes: sorry couldn't help myself.

Just noticed the same thing on my car last week, usually I back the car in so I can always make a quick getaway:biggrin: but last time out I just pulled the car straight in. Walking up the driveway after getting the mail last week and looking at the Buick instead of bills, I noticed the car leaning to the D side a bit:confused: never noticed that before but being backed in most of the time It always looked normal.

I have had all 4s of the ground while I was inspecting the exhaust for a leak so I don't know if a rear spring is off a bit but I never noticed it before.....although I haven't had this car all that long either and as I said I usually back it in. I want to say when I quickly measured, it was 1/2" lower on the D side.

Should be interesting to see what you all find out (weak front spring(s)?